Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] "You've discovered a premium feature" pop up preventing from downloading music

[Android] "You've discovered a premium feature" pop up preventing from downloading music

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017)

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I've been finally trying the "local files" music feature for Spotify Premium. All my songs are there on both of my devices : desktop and android phone. But when it comes to downloading the playlist containing the music from my local files, it simply doesn't work. It stops mid-way into the playlist and a pop up tells me "You've discovered a Premium feature! Get premium now" even though I already have Premium. I've updated everything, both of my devices are on the same network, but nothing seems to work. Any help?

3 Replies

Hey @manna9991, help's here. 

Can you use other Premium features, such as ad-free listening and downloading playlists? 

If not, you may be logged in on another account, so make sure to log out and back in with the right details. 

Or else a reinstall might solve it. 

Let us know how it goes, and send a screenshot if it's still not working. 

I had this problem earlier even though I too had spotify premium. I looked on the app store and realized I had missed an app update and found that everything worked again after I updated the app. So if you dont want to have to redownload your playlist just update it.

After spending several hours trying to get local music syncing i finally got all the firewall and sharing and network settings right... it got to 33% and started with the "You discovered a premium feature" popup.  sigh... 

Had to uninstall, re-install and resync all my music. It finally worked. 

Spotify needs a better solution for music they dont have. I'd gladly pay another $5/ month to let me upload music instead of this stupid adhoc syncing solution. 

Suggested posts