Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] triple dot "more" menu no longer functional

Solved!

[Android] triple dot "more" menu no longer functional

I'm running Spotify version 8.1.0.785 on Android 7.1.1, updated on 3/24/17 (Friday, March 24th). The triple dot "more" menu has been updated visually to match all versions of the app (rising up from the bottom, solid black with white bold text). Unfortunately, none of the buttons work. I tap "Add to playlist", nothing. "Add to queue", nothing. Anyone else?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @riuzachi, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you have a blue light filter active, could you try disabling it? For some reason, they seem to interfere with the latest Spotify update, something that I'm sure is being looked at right now.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @riuzachi, welcome to the Spotify Community!

If you have a blue light filter active, could you try disabling it? For some reason, they seem to interfere with the latest Spotify update, something that I'm sure is being looked at right now.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Same problem here. Disabling the blue light filter did not solve the problem.

@CySzw,

Do you have any other screen overlay active?

Please post your info here (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Context-menu-not-working-on-Android/idi-p/1630616) and stay subscribed for updates on this issue, it is currently being looked into.

Hey @Jacob thanks for reporting this in ongoing issues - any chance of merging all the posts into one thread?

Hey @CySzw you might be able to identify the cause by going into your application manager then hitting the "more" button (three dots in top ritght on my S7} then selecting "special permissions" > "overlay" or "draw on top"and disable the permission for any suspect apps listed.

Third party apps which spring to mind are Twilight, Lux, Afterlight, Overlay, Photophy, Sleep as android, Night Mode and many others.

I've disabled my blue light filter and still doesn't work. Help 😞

Annoyingly, I have the same problem, and disabling Twilight didn't fix it...

For me, it's the Lux Auto Brightness app that causes the problem. I guess it is similar to a fullscreen filter.

Just out of curiosity, why did Spotify change the look of the menu in the first place? The old one worked just fine.

This new one has much bigger text, so I have to scroll down to see all the menu items. Having the top of the menu half-way down the screen doesn't help.

There's also no icons, so I can't immediately identify a menu item by it's icon, I have to read each one. Not a big deal, but I see it as another pointless UI change.

Suggested posts