Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android will no longer Sync with spotify

Android will no longer Sync with spotify

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and only recently (2 days ago this started) have I been unable to sync my local files with my spotify phone app. I have both my phone and laptop hooked up to the same network, ive even tried this on multiple different networks, with no difference. I am still able to control spotify on my compuiter using my phone but still the computer says that I have no current devices connected. In the 3 years ive been using the program ive never had this problem, and ive even gone as far as uninstalling the program from both my phone and my computer in hopes this would fix the problem, needless to say, it didnt. 

6 Replies

i got the same issue i guess (Galaxy s3) when i choose to make my playlist offline available it stats to download all song but after a while it cancels the progress and the button is unactive again (to make it offline available at the top of the list) and all tracks are lost again...

i restarted my phone, i reinstalled my spotify app and i tried to sync with my laptop and my pc, both didnt work 😞

i just watched the entire progress, it synched all songs until the end of the playlist, then i scrolled up to the top again and all the green arrows disappeared and the button was resetted

http://i.imgur.com/YSFuKnw.png

weird 😞

Do you have another sd card you can try it with? I wonder if your cache had become corrupt. Also a clean install using the troubleshooting guide linked in my signature may help

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

i have no other sd card to test but i just stopped the sync at 1305 of 1313, im missing 8 tracks now but it seems to work. something seems wrong when it hits 100% completion.

i also tryed to deinstall the app with clearing cache and deleting all files, then i rebooted my phone and reinstalled spotify, but that didnt work either

edit: its weird that it kicked my complete playlist while i was in offline mode, maybe it was a update in the spotify app? i dont recall when the last update to the app came out

I keep a og of all the updates.... Here are the last few:

App Version: Release Date: Size: Comments: Release Notes:
2.2.0.636 11/02/2015 17.86MB small bugfix update??? New: Searching for the artists you follow is even easier.
Fixed: Tapping Back in Settings no longer closes the app.
2.2.0.621 10/02/2015 17.86MB   New: Searching for the artists you follow is even easier.
Fixed: Tapping Back in Settings no longer closes the app.
2.1.0.903 04/02/2015 16.87MB   New: You can now find a link to our support page in Settings.
Fixed: A bunch of stability issues.
2.0.0.702 23/01/2015 17.74MB   New: Audio notifications on your phone won't stop the music.
Improved: Zippier app startup, even with a poor connection.
1.9.0.1273 17/12/2014 17.56MB   New: Search your offline tracks when you’re offline.
Improved: Safer bluetooth handling.
1.8.0.993 25/11/2014 17.12MB   New: What are the people you are following listening to right now? Check out Top Tracks In Your Network, in Browse under Top Lists.
Fixed: Android Lollipop bugs squished.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

the updates from 10/11 february maybe caused this problems for me, i definitely listen to my music after the 4th february. monday while jogging everything was okay

Suggested posts