Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another Lock screen issue

Another Lock screen issue

I use a Motorola G 2nd Gen and the lock screen partly works for me, in that I see buttons and album art. However if I pause spotify from the lock screen and come back to it a couple of mins later the widget has disapeared and I have to unlock the phone open Spotify and go back and press play.

I am using Spotify on version 1.7.0.830 and android version 4.4.4

Can anyone please help, all I need is for the Spotify widget to stay on the lock screen if I press pause and not disapear.

4 Replies

Hi, this is Android closing the process due to inactivity. When the screen turns off Android goes into a sort of hibernation state and will shutdown processes using cpu which it deems as uneccessary... a widget for a music player which is not playing music is not required and using processing power (therefore battery) so it will be closed. Re-opening Spotify re-enables this.

The best way to get around this is to change your screen timeout so that it doesn't turn off when you are using Spotify

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Can you not add a stop button to the widget so that would close the app and the pause button would leave the app open. The only reason I ask is that I am visually impaired and trying to get back into the app is very difficult for me

Hi, I'm sorry but that wouldn't make a difference as it's the Android system which is closing the process to save cpu & battery.

The best work-around is to keep your screen timeout at a maximum which should reduce the agressiveness of the Android minfree values and process closing.

You may find the idea here useful.(please add kudos)... looking down that idea I actually created an app which will keep the screen on while Spotify is open. Give it a try and see if it helps you.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Screen-always-on-keep-screen-on/idi-p/620106#M61126

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thanks I will have a go

Suggested posts