Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Any chance to get 320 kbps OGG on Android in the near future?

Solved!

Any chance to get 320 kbps OGG on Android in the near future?

First of all, Sorry for my english.

I´m a premium user from Spain and I really enjoyed Spotify premium for more than a year and a half, on PC and also on Android.

I like to listen the music as good as I can and I have a Hi-End portable equipment (Etymotic HF5 + Portable Amp Fiio) and i really wish a high quality on the music for Android, because 160 kbps is not quite good when uses HD earphones (the artifacts are little present).

Any possibility in the future to get OGG q9 on mobile?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well, the new Android preview totally fixes this problem. Awesome!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks for the advise alexh

I downloaded the new version and yes, it seems to plays and downloads in OGG q9.

A great improvement for Android users.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Personally I owuldn't hold your breath. Spotify seemingly have nothing but contempt for Android users and have no intention it seems of interacting with us in any way.

It seems like Spotify prefers us to buy an iphone for high quality listening. I personnaly chose to buy occasionally a flac album for my outdoor listening, i'm a premium user, but i stopped wait an android update and anyway the volume level is too low with the app (probably because of European legislation), and i don't want to carry an amp with me, i only use the desktop client.

So, for iPod/iPhone/iPad there´s possibility to turn the music to OGG q9 and no chance on Android? Is this correct?

If yes, I´m starting to feel like a inferior or poor premium user 😞

Specially sad when notice that we pay the same.

Yes, this is correct. 320Kbps for iOS users.

If iOS users can enjoy high bitrate I seriusly dont understand why Android users not.

This is a bizarre discrimination.

Because the Android app hasn't been updated to support it yet. I'm reasonable sure that when the app does get updated it will fix a load of issues and bring the Android app into parity with the iOS one.
Of course who knows when we will get that update! It could be a while and Spotify won't even officially confirm they are working on it.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Why aren't more people upset about this? This is the one-and-only reason that I am not wanting to get Spotify Premium. MOG has always offered it...

Marked as solution

Well, the new Android preview totally fixes this problem. Awesome!
Marked as solution

I downloaded the new version and yes, it seems to plays and downloads in OGG q9.

@Dmilenario wrote:

Awesome! I'm glad I could help you! I think the new version is awesome too!

Suggested posts