Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Any news on sending track data via A2DP bluetooth

Any news on sending track data via A2DP bluetooth

On my Galaxy S2, the standard music player correctly sends full track information to my Bluetooth enabled car stereo (nissan leaf, AVRCP 1.3). Google music also works

With Spotify on the S2, whilst I can play audio fine, and skip forward/back, no track info is provided

I now have a Galaxy S 3, and still, no track info from spotify.

Is there a feature open to address this? 

4 Replies

@planetf1 wrote:

On my Galaxy S2, the standard music player correctly sends full track information to my Bluetooth enabled car stereo (nissan leaf, AVRCP 1.3). Google music also works

With Spotify on the S2, whilst I can play audio fine, and skip forward/back, no track info is provided

I now have a Galaxy S 3, and still, no track info from spotify.

Is there a feature open to address this? 

you apparently have not been properly introduced to the spotify android ecosystem.  spotify does not fix bugs for android users.  it also does not consider user feedback when adding new features.  spotify only updates its android app to do complete UI rewrites roughly every 18 months, and in doing so, it will actually *remove* many existing features.

consider yourself extremely lucky that bluetooth works for you at all -- for many it doesn't (myself included), and spotify does not "officially support" any bluetooth functionality.

several people in these forums were hopeful and naively optimistic that spotify would begin regularly updating its app since the rewrite in april.  that, and the effort that the moderators in this forum have gone to to formalize the bug submitting process, claiming that they are prioritizing issues and sending them on to developers.  but alas, that has not been the case.  several months have gone by since the rewrite, and not a single bug fixed or feature (that existed before) added back.  we've been asking for a landscape display mode for months and they won't even give us that.  welcome to hell.

Co-incidentally an update popped up just now. Not that my issues are necessarily addressed but it's almost as if they released it to prove you wrong 😉 lol.

In seriousness though if we get regressions that, for example lead to BT not working for me, I'll be cancelling my subscription.

I'm now using spotify for ALL mu music playing

- in car, streamed from phone via bluetooth to car head unit

- at the gym, streamed from phone via bluetooth headset

- in bed, on train etc via corded headphones

- in living room/kitchen -- occasionally via phone or laptop & 3.5mm cable

- at work (home or office) via the laptop & a USB cordless headset

- in the home office on speakers via the PC

@planetf1 wrote:

Co-incidentally an update popped up just now. Not that my issues are necessarily addressed but it's almost as if they released it to prove you wrong 😉 lol.

In seriousness though if we get regressions that, for example lead to BT not working for me, I'll be cancelling my subscription.

I'm now using spotify for ALL mu music playing

- in car, streamed from phone via bluetooth to car head unit

- at the gym, streamed from phone via bluetooth headset

- in bed, on train etc via corded headphones

- in living room/kitchen -- occasionally via phone or laptop & 3.5mm cable

- at work (home or office) via the laptop & a USB cordless headset

- in the home office on speakers via the PC

yeah, i noticed that right after my post.  i don't have ICS, so that update means nothing to me.  several people were asking for spotify to properly use the android API with respect to 3rd party equalizers -- i'm guessing the "audio effects on ICS" is their answer to that, which is not what was asked for...  they like to tout numerous unnamed bug fixes, but no one ever seems to be able to figure out which bugs were fixed -- they don't tell us, and i think it's a flat out lie.

i drive a lot, so BT connection to my car is my biggest use case for the android app -- it works about half the time i try to connect -- sometime the control protocol links up (i can track around with the car controls), sometimes not.  sometimes the app and/or phone crashes after playing for a minute.  the app gets into all sorts of bizarre states where particular songs will not play, i can't track forward or backward, etc...  about once a week, i see some new behavior that i hadn't seen before...  again, consider yourself lucky if you don't have these problems.

Suggested posts