Country

The Netherlands

Device

(OnePlus 6 / Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge)

Operating System

(Android Pie / Android Nougat)

My Question or Issue

Hello my friends,

I have been having issues with the Spotify app on my Android devices since the last update (currently two hours ago). It crashes every time you open the app after 15 to 30 seconds. Since I'm experiencing this issue on two devices, I think I'm not the only one with this issue. Can you please fix it?

Update: It has been fixed! I'm not having issues on the 8.4.77 update. Thanks Spotify!

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

Spotify version 8.4.77 has been rolled out and this should have resolved this issue. Try to do a quick reinstallation to be on the safe side, instructions on how to do this can be found here.

Have a nice day!

Comments
Spotrecon
Which version are we talking about? I have currently installed version 8.4.75.670 armV7 and can't get an update in Play Store. This was the last update I was offered last night.
cjc148

Mine still isn't working properly. Uninstalled app, reinstalled, restarted phone. Still nothing! So annoying!

Billy-J

Hey @Gurtgeezer, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! I moved your message to the correct help board in case others have the same issue.

Could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app. You can just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you send me a screenshot of any error messages being shown? Make sure to hide sensitive info when posting to the community.

Let me know how this goes 🙂 

Device

Amazon Fire HD10

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

The app crashes on this device at random. Sometimes after 10 Seconds sometimes you can listen to a few minutes of music. I installed both version from the official Amazon App Store and from Google Play Store. Both crash in the same manner. 

DJ_Noah

@Spotrecon

I'm running on the same version as you are.

Karzee

I am considering Deezer. The new update has completely **bleep** me off.  

I do not have a back up app to supply music.  Spotify you get zero points.  

Create an update that undoes the last one.  Spotify has completely**bleep** itself.  

NikoletaAl

I have the latest app 8.4.75.670 but still the spotify does not play properly . After almost 20 sec it crashes . I am wating for an answer.
I have a Xiaomi redmi note 4 , android 7 nrd90m

adrianng930

The app has been fix by thr lastest update, check on your play store for update. It changes back to the normal layout and logo we r used to. hope this helps.

bona44

Yes indeed.  Just reinstalled and looks like they have fixed it.  Thanks so much for the notification.:-)

drBjarne

No, I reinstalled Spotify now, and it contuinues to crash as evereybody else have described earlier. Annoying...

edit: I reinstalled again - now it works!!! Must have been a matter of seconds in missing the update

edit again: It was just temporary. Now it crashes agin.