Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Update 27 Aug 2019

App Update 27 Aug 2019

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Does anyone know what was removed / fixed / changed in the latest update? Am super aprehensive of updating now without knowing what the update entails. 

2 Replies

Hey @Dragoshade,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, Spotify no longer publishes a changelog when new app updates are released. However, I'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure the app runs smoothly. Don't worry, all app updates are thoroughly tested by the Spotify development team before they are released.

Additionally, you can let the right teams at Spotify know that you’re interested in bringing back the update changelog by adding your +VOTE on this idea in the Spotify community ideas exchange. Make sure to keep an eye on that thread for the latest update!

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

However, I'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure the app runs smoothly. Don't worry, all app updates are thoroughly tested by the Spotify development team before they are released.

I would recommend the opposite. Do not do this. 'Thoroughly tested' is complete BS. We're the damn beta testers or Spotify wouldn't put out an update that broke something every other week. Most recently being the shuffle all button. Or how about that lag everyone complains about? Turns out the best way to combat slow loading is to bloat playlists with album cover thumbnails. Want to list to songs in full? Too bad. Here are 3 updates in a row with a bug that stops songs mid-way through forcing you to constantly wake up the phone and restart it - if the app doesn't crash first. And good luck with car connectivity, every other update seems to ruin that as well. Every. Single. Update. Guaranteed something will break. 

If we had even a simplified changelog at least we could make a more informed decision. Right now all anyone can do is read playstore/ios reviews and play a little russian roulette. 

Suggested posts