Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App closes after about 15 minutes being paused

App closes after about 15 minutes being paused

Hello there, 

My question is, how do I keep Spotify from shutting off after about 15 minutes of being paused? (clearing from the notification bar) 

I've first noticed this at work.. 

I keep my phone in my pocket and wear a Bluetooth headset which has the play/pause button. If I pause my music to have a short convo, I can restart the music again without going to back to my phone. If it's a rather lengthy convo, or simply forget to play music again. My app shuts off, as in.. It's no longer in my notification bar, I have to get my phone out and go into the running apps/recent apps menu (the square button on my phone) and hit play.

I just tested tonight, it also does the same when I'm just on my phone (without Bluetooth) same thing, being paused then about 15 minutes it closes. 

Is this a normal thing? Or something I can fix to keep Spotify in the notification bar. To have easy control on the phone or Bluetooth headset buttons.

Please and thank you.  🙂 

LG Stylo 2

Android - 7.0

Spotify version - 8.4.38.621 armV7 

BTW, if any of this doesn't make sense. I'll do my best to explain.

1 Reply

Hi @zexvew!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

This sounds like it something related to your phone's settings. Could you go to Settings > Apps > Spotify > Permissions > and make sure that all permissions are enabled?

Additionally, if you have a battery saving mode on your device, make sure you've added Spotify as an exception.

Hope this helps!

Suggested posts