Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9 (Pie)

My Question or Issue

When I go to play a select few songs on the app on my phone, the app completely crashes. Every time this happens, I've had to go into my settings and completely force quit the app, and that's to get the music to stop playing too. I've tried logging out, and have reinstalled the app a couple of times too, nothing has changed though. I've had the app for a while, but was using a different account before, and it worked perfectly fine with the same songs before. Also works perfectly fine on my account on my laptop (windows 10).
2 songs that I've found this with so far are 'Unsainted' by Slipknot, and 'Pain' by Three Days Grace. 

I'm lost on what to do to get this to work.... They're both songs I'd like to listen to but just can't at the moment. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Chicka.

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

Do you mind trying another reinstall, but this time making sure that you clear all Spotify app data? The steps are included in this support article.

If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll see what else we can suggest 😉

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Chicka.

Thanks for posting about this in the Community 🙂

Do you mind trying another reinstall, but this time making sure that you clear all Spotify app data? The steps are included in this support article.

If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll see what else we can suggest 😉

Hey Peter,

I haven't done anything since, and it's suddenly fixed itself. I seem to be able to play the songs from my phone without the app crashing.

Thanks for the solution though, I'll keep it in mind if it happens again. 🙂

Thanks, Tori. 

Hey @Chicka.

Glad to hear that it's working again 🙂

We'll be here in case it starts playing up again.

Take care!

spotify:track:7Feaw9WAEREY0DUOSXJLOM

Suggested posts