Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App drastically backwards in the last 6 months

App drastically backwards in the last 6 months

Over the last 6 months I've noticed how the Android App has gone drastically backwards, to the point where I'm debating if it's worth keeping my Premium account.

Top issues I'm experiencing.
* Songs / Podcasts stop playing for no reason - definitely not network interruption, or other apps.
* Song being played is not reflected, album art and song showed being played is out of sync
* When playing songs I get the pod-cast screen
* Main song window/play screen, play|pause button out of sync. Shows the play button when the song is already playing. Pause button when the song is paused.

This is frustrating as all of this used to work really really well, what's gone wrong? What's changed in the teams testing/development rollouts it's just gone backwards.

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung 10

Operating System: Android 10

4 Replies

I totally agree I have similar issues. The app sometimes crashes completely when I first launch it, especially if I try to resume playback on a song that I was playing when I last used the app. It also will sometimes get stuck on the album cover for a song a show it paused but continue to play other songs whilst stuck in this state. I also have the issue where podcasts will just stop playing even though I haven't set a sleep timer. The most annoying issue I've noticed is when there is a poor internet connection but I'm attempting to queue songs from downloaded playlists the menu won't load because it is waiting for the internet. Or spotify thinks it is offline when there is a internet connection but still lets me play songs that I haven't downloaded and even search for things.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Don't worry. Help is here 🙂

We'd suggest you restart your device and then log out and log back in again.

It's also a good idea to give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Ver

I've created a video (unlisted on YouTube) to demonstrate the issues I'm having
https://youtu.be/HlmQWw3hcfg

I've tried the following to correct the issues with no success

• restarting app
  • restarting phone
  • clearing app cache & local data
  • completely uninstalling app and removing cache and local data

None of those worked

When I was testing this it was 6:30am in NZ on Ultra High speed broad band, so doubt it's local network issues. It looks like it's an embedded app issue. Probably something with the App getting out of sync with the background worker.

Hope the video sheds some light to whats happening.

Hi @BarendB,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for the info you've shared.

Could you give it a go on a different device and let us know if this behavior persists?

We'd also like you to try using a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone and let us know if the issues persist. This will help us determine if this is account or device-related.

Lastly, we understand that you have a good and stable connection, but just to rule out any possible cause, could you let us know if the same happens when using a different connection, like another WiFi network or mobile data?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts