Premium

Country

UK

Device

Pixel 5

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Every day my screen and notification bar will freeze but the music will still play and the controls will still work. E.g I will be listening to The Weeknd but the screen will say i'm listening to a Joe Rogan podcast. The music will then stop every 30 minutes or so. If I take a phone call when the app is broken, as soon as the call ends my music will start playing. 

I have cleared the cache, cookies and re-installed three times. My phone does not have an SD card. I can screen record but it won't show anything really. This has been happening for months now. 

3 Replies

Hi there @Haighybaby123,

Thanks for reaching out about thing in the Community!

Can you let us know if this is happening when you're streaming music directly from your phone or are you connected to another device via Bluetooth/Wi-Fi?

Also make sure that no battery optimization is enabled for Spotify on your phone.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Alex,

Thanks for your response! I've not got any optimisation on but I do listen
through my Bose QuietComfort headphones. Although this doesn happen when
i'm not using them too.

Thanks,

Laura

Hey @Haighybaby123,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - did you follow the steps in this guide when performing the reinstall? We recommend that one as its very thorough and ensures that all leftover files get removed.

If that's the case, could you check if there are any updates available for you phone? Also - did this start happening after a specific event, such as installing an update or an app?

It would be great if you could log on to another device or borrow a friend or family members account to log in on your Pixel 5 and see if the issue comes up there as well. That way we can determine if the root cause of the behavior lies with your account or device.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts