Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Having a few issues. At random times the app will announce the music has stopped because the account is being used elsewhere.  At times this has been true - I've been in the garage listening and someone in the kitchen asks the google home mini for a song.  But, lately, it's happening and no one else is using the account.  Multiple attempts to restart a song fail.  I have to either kill the app or restart the phone.

Another problem is after playing songs for a random period of time I will pick up the phone to change what's being played. The app does not correctly display the song being played nor am I able to stop the playback.  Again, I have to kill the app or restart the phone.

I've been a premium customer for a few months now and I'm finding it to be bothersome.  The above problems coupled with the seemingly endless versions of the same songs is very frustrating.

2 Replies

Re: App instability on Galaxy S9+

Peter

Hey @altonj37.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we're here to help 🙂

Have you tried a clean reinstall yet? This usually solves a lot of common issues Spotify users have, including this one.

If that doesn't work, could you give us a bit more info about the behaviour you're experiencing? When did this start happening? 

Could you also let us know which Spotify app version your phone is running? We'll take a closer look once we have that.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing back from you 😉

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Re: App instability on Galaxy S9

altonj37
Casual Listener
I will perform the clean reload of the app. If problems persist I will
followup with more details.

SUGGESTED POSTS