Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App keeps deleting saved offline songs

App keeps deleting saved offline songs

The app regularly deletes all my saved offline data - forcing me to resync all the songs over wifi from PC to phone which takes forver.

It seems to have a mind of its own - I went to bed with all my songs and woke up without them - phone stayed charging all night.

This has happened several times on gingerbread and icecream sandwich on my galaxy s2 - reinstalling the app seems to make no difference

Has anyone else has the same problem/solved it? Or should I try the beta app (relunctant to do so as its missing so many features from the official release)

8 Replies

@Sonixuk wrote:

The app regularly deletes all my saved offline data - forcing me to resync all the songs over wifi from PC to phone which takes forver.

It seems to have a mind of its own - I went to bed with all my songs and woke up without them - phone stayed charging all night.

This has happened several times on gingerbread and icecream sandwich on my galaxy s2 - reinstalling the app seems to make no difference

Has anyone else has the same problem/solved it? Or should I try the beta app (relunctant to do so as its missing so many features from the official release)

I rarely used this feature, but it has never happened to me. It could be something to do with apps2sd though - is the app installed on your SD Card?

Give the preview release a go - its much more stable for ICS.
What features specifically are you missing from it?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@liamwli wrote:

@Sonixuk wrote:

I rarely used this feature, but it has never happened to me. It could be something to do with apps2sd though - is the app installed on your SD Card?

Its not installed on the SD card

@licenced wrote:
Give the preview release a go - its much more stable for ICS.
What features specifically are you missing from it?

Going by your stickied post its missing the homescreen widget right? I'd miss that the most

Once I've re-downloaded all my songs again Ill try it the preview

Yup, there's no widget. You might get lockscreen controls though, which for me makes up for the widget
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Do you use an app like LBE privacy guard to restrict access to your phone ID and is it restricted for Spotify?

This was the case for me and the playlists kept being undownloaded. 

Allowing access to spotify has solved the problem.

I've had this problem too, can't seem to figure out what causes it. I just got the preview version so we'll see how that works. Hope they are still adding some things before it's officially released. Not allowing to sort by artist, etc. or at least alphabetically will be a subscription-cancelling offense this time around, especially if it keeps failing to recognize my offline content I patiently wait for it to download... Also, I haven't been able to find the setting to tell it where to store offline content. The UI is nice though. 

Not using anything like that just spotify in its default environment on the phone.

I'll be trying the beta release as soon as I have 2 whole days spare for syncing songs, that WIFI sync has to be the slowest thing I've ever seen....

Suggested posts