Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

S10+

Operating System

OS 10

My Question or Issue

The app no longer shows now playing music and I don't have the ability to control it. If I clear the data or reinstall the app, I get the controls back for a day before I lose them again. 

Mihail

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

It would seem that you're experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue that we have currently running. You can +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll keep you updated on any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is useful, but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: App not showing now playing.

squarebrix
Casual Listener
  • also had same experience using Note10. My galaxy watch also connected to my note10 and spotify. the song displayed  on the watch also not the song being played on Spotify.  Another thing is the app keeps on pausing. I thought it was an issue with my Bluetooth earphones but I realised that I can use other apps without the same 'pausing' issues.  I restarted  my phone, re-installed spotify and logged out all of my devices but the problems still persisted. After that I went back to settings and turned off Spotify Connect in the background. After turning off Spotify connect the wrong song display and the intermittent pausing seemed to have resolved. Will see if the problems recur. Hopefully not. 🤞

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Elena

Hey there @Borderpatrol87!

Thanks for reaching out!

Just to make sure we're on the same page, do you mean that you don't get the Spotify notification when you swipe down or on your lock screen, or do you have trouble controlling this from the app?

Could you let us know the exact model of your phone and your Spotify version?

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Borderpatrol87
Casual Listener

I don't have any music controls, in the app or task bar. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like when music is playing. The only way I can stop playing is to force close the app. 

Spotify: 8.5.70. 868

Galaxy S10+, Android 10 - July update. 

Screenshot_20200805-193440_Spotify.jpg

mr_cal

Using a S10+ 5G in Australia. 

I'd also add that when swiping down to access the notification bar, there is Spotify action buttons. Also when the phone is locked, you can usually swipe across to access the Spotify but this action does not work.

I also use a S8 for work and have been able to complete all actions above. 

Ivan

Hey there @Borderpatrol87 and @mr_cal,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.   

You can start off by running a clean reinstall of the app to make sure you're on the latest app version. We also recommend switching on automatic updates by following the steps provided here so you can always have the newest version of Spotify.    

@mr_cal - We'd appreciate if you provide us with a screenshot of what you can see. This will help us understand more directly what's going on from your end.

Keep us posted. We're here to help.  

IvanModerator
“Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp

nfasan
Visitor

I am also having the same problem. In the attached screenshot I am playing music, however it doesnt show up in app, on lock screen, or watch. I have clean reinstalled, logged out and back in, and am only able to stop the song by closing the app. Phone is Note 9.

Xenia

Hey there folks,

Just jumping in here to confirm that this is an issue we are aware of and our tech teams are working on a fix.

If you're affected by the issue, we'd recommend heading over to this ongoing issue thread and follow the instructions in the Status Update. We'll keep everyone up to speed there, so it'd be a good idea to subscribe to the thread.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if there's anything else we can help you with!

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

manondankers
Casual Listener

Same here, Note20. 

Not showing the song I'm playing. Not the possibility to stop the song. 

Solution!

squarebrix
Casual Listener
  • also had same experience using Note10. My galaxy watch also connected to my note10 and spotify. the song displayed  on the watch also not the song being played on Spotify.  Another thing is the app keeps on pausing. I thought it was an issue with my Bluetooth earphones but I realised that I can use other apps without the same 'pausing' issues.  I restarted  my phone, re-installed spotify and logged out all of my devices but the problems still persisted. After that I went back to settings and turned off Spotify Connect in the background. After turning off Spotify connect the wrong song display and the intermittent pausing seemed to have resolved. Will see if the problems recur. Hopefully not. 🤞

View solution in original post

Alex

Hi @squarebrix,

Thanks for sharing what helped you with the community!

I've marked your post as Solution as it will make it easier for others facing this issue to find it on the web.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you need help.

Cheers!

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Manokaiser
Casual Listener
We are still having these same issues. Spotify playing on PC, phone is not syncing to what is played, some times nothing shows on the phone, no playing now music , neither controls. Other times some song that has been played on pc is stuck on the phone screen forever.
I have tried clean installs, with all it's inconvenience, no cure. Other remedies here and there are of no help either.
Phone is Samsung A71 .
Any chance you can fix this once for good?

Pravorious
Visitor
I'm literally dealing with the same issue right now. The song is playing on the PC app of Spotify but it's not showing the song that is currently playing on my phone. This started happening yesterday for me.

Very weird.

alexeib
Casual Listener

happening to me as well with spotify playing on sonos. windows client syncs but android client does not sync

Mihail

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out.

It would seem that you're experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue that we have currently running. You can +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll keep you updated on any updates on the matter there, as soon as there are any.

Hope this is useful, but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
SUGGESTED POSTS