Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App randomly opens when i dont want it to

App randomly opens when i dont want it to

My spotify app randomly oppens when i dont want it to. Scrolling facebook bam spotify opens. Watching netflix bam spotify opens. Browsing you tube bam spotify opens. Getting more frequent last couple days. I have tried closing the app completely. Tried restarting my phone. Even tried reinstalling spotify. The phone i am using is a samsung s9. All software up to date ect. Any ideas people?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung galaxy s9

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Settings > Apps > Spotify could be your friend. I'd look at permission granted or  open by default, play with them. 

This has been going on for me as well, for months. Many others have reported it, but it seems to be  being ignored. I've taken all the recommended steps to fix it and it hasn't, so I have to log out of Spotify completely after listening (and I haven't been listening at all for the past few weeks because my Daily Mixes, which I pretty much exclusively use, have been frozen for all that time and I'm being told they don't know what's going on, can't reproduce the problem so bad luck for me...)

Suggested posts