Slovakia

Device

Sony Xperia XZ1

Operating System

Latest Android

Internet Connection

4G (>150mbps), WiFi (>15mbps)

Issue

I've been having lots of problems with my Android Spotify app in the past few months. To name a few of them:

• Autoplay is not working (even though I've got it activated in the settings
  • The Widget is no longer available on my home screen
  • And most of all the app is overall very slow and sometimes stuck in loading forever or just for a few minutes and requires a soft reset to work more reliably. No matter whether it's a loading of my library or my Albums or just any playlist (even the downloaded ones) it sometimes still takes much more time than it should to load up even on the fastest connections.
  • The app sometimes refuses to load song options (long press on song option). Once again, stuck in loading or states that I have no internet connection (when I obviously do)

I've tried restarting the device, reinstalling the app, deleting cache and data, to be sure it's not my phone being slow, I've downloaded Tidal (just to check my device) it ran perfectly right.

What can I do to solve these problems? And please don't try to resort to the horrible solution of reinstalling my Android because that is such a lame answer (no offense)

thanks for your help

Tom

4 Replies

Hey @tomasojak,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! Sorry to hear you're having these issues on Android.

We're glad to say that we've brought back the Andriod widget with a few improvements! Make sure to update your app 🙂

As for the other issues you're having on Android, could you try the following steps:

• perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app, making sure to clear all app data (step 4 in the steps we've linked you to)
  • remove all your offline devices by going here? Note that you'll have to redownload your music for offline listening, but this might resolve the issue with the slowness of the app.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help.

I have already reinstalled the app and it didn't help much. The app doesn't run so extremely slow as it used to (probably the latest released fixes) but it's still really slow though, it sometimes takes 20-30 seconds to load a simple album. So the reinstall didn't solve it once for all.

Thanks for Your reply

Tom

Hey @tomasojak,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

Could you confirm that you tried clearing the app data and that you removed you offline devices?

If so, have you tried connecting to a different network and seeing if that changes anything for you?

Keep us posted 🙂

It doesn't change much but it really seems like the new patch fixed a lot of it after many months of struggles. The app is now overall faster and I dont encounter as many bugs and loading (but still sometimes do). I have also removed the offline devices and it still slows down time to time.  The only sort of problem now is the Autoplay not working

Suggested posts