App runs when headphones/speakers are disconnected (Android)

Re: App runs when headphones/speakers are disconnected (Android)

simonkinhanglee

Screenshot.png

Please fix it, there is no way spotify needs to ping google backup transport

Phoenixhet

Having the same problem on my OnePlus 6T McLaren edition. Not just a pixel issue. 

larudnicki

Galaxy s9+

Android 9.0

Spotify8.4.94.817

Wiped and reinstalled numerous times, nothing is helping. Interstingly on my wife's s8+ this issue doesn't appear...

Hey there @larudnicki,

Thanks for letting us know these details. 

There's a newer version of the app available. Just to confirm, could you let us know if the issue persists for your Samsung device after updating to the latest version? If you haven't already, we'd also recommend removing any devices listed here and trying a clean reinstall of the app.

We'll be keeping an eye out of your reply :)

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate your patience so far.

After running tests, our tech teams were unable to reproduce this. This could be due to individual device setups with Bluetooth devices and connections.

However, we're continuously working on improving the app, so we'd recommend making sure that you've enabled automatic updates on your device.

Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

dnrodriguez

Having the same issue on my brand new Pixel3a. All apps up to date. Tried clearing cache and data. 

I realized the issue when on airplane mode and listening to a downloaded playlist on a plane, so I suspect Spotify/Google services are causing the problem.

Re: Battery Drain / Google Play Services on Pixel running Android Pie

costel

Same issue on a Pixel 2XL running the latest android Pie. Not only does spotify ping google play services but it also uses the linear acceleration sensor all the time when the app is running!. This can be easily checked with betterbatterystats on a rooted device.

Sort the app or keep losing potential premium users because the leftover spaghetti code is carried throughout the updates!

Sylarbg
Casual Listener

Oneplus 7 Pro here too - battery drain like **bleep** using Spotify.

Google Play services almost identical time used as Spotify.

I think Spotify is using the play services, for chromecast perhaps, and this is just dumb if there is no option to disable.

Just got Premium for Family and I am seriously considering stopping the subscription and moving to something else..

Sylarbg
Casual Listener

If Spotify introduces a feature to not poll for any connected or available devices, I believe it might fix  the problem.. but it seems like you have completely abandoned this thread.

SUGGESTED POSTS