Country

Australia

Device

Google Pixel 

Operating System

Android 

Spotify Version

My Issue

Spotify stops playing tracks after 11 seconds. The phone requires a restart to get it working again, but it may only play one or two tracks before stopping again. Skipping tracks or restarting the app doesn't solve it.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I have no battery or cache optimizations running, but the problem persists.

I have seen a few posts on here with the same issue but none has a solution that works - and some stating that the problem has not been identified.

Can I generate some log files that would help find the issue? Or should I give up on Spotify and use something else? (Yes. It's getting that frustrating!)

1 Reply

My search on this topic has revealed it has been around since 2016.  This is causing me to rethink my subscription.  Totally annoying.  

I did used to think it was because i am in a rural area.  I start the car, plug in phone, android audio pops up, spotify kicks in, and music starts playing.  I then drive into a dead zone for internet.  And sometimes the songs run out before it get back into town.  Then i would experience 11 second **bleep**. 

But today now, just sitting in my desk at work, using my phone direct to headphones it died.  In writing this....it miraculously started again.    wth?  

LEt's keep this subject going.  It needs to be fixed.

Suggested posts