Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App update removed ability to shuffle all songs?

App update removed ability to shuffle all songs?

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

I apologize if this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find the answer. Ever since the app update, my "Library" option on Android no longer has the ability to see a list of all songs i have added to my library. The only options are playlists, artists, albums and podcasts.

Is this an intended change? If so it is absolutely terrible and anti-consumer, blatantly removing features; I assume in order to push people toward buying premium. All that would even be fine, except that this app update was sold as PROVIDING MORE BENEFITS TO FREE ACCOUNTS but instead it has removed core functionality, i.e. simply being able to shuffle a list of all songs in my library.

Moreover, the "Artists" tab consists only of a dozen or so artists that I haven't heard of, and none of the hundreds that I have added to my library. 

Is this simply a bug on my app, am I an **bleep** and missing an obvious option, or is this a terrible change that essentially has killed the Spotify mobile app?

I assume it is the latter given that the desktop version has also had "Songs" changed inexplicably to "Favorite Songs."

3 Replies

Hey @franklyshankly, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are having a great day!

Don't worry! All your saved songs now are called Favorite Songs! They are all still there. Spotify has changed the user interface and the user experience for the Free tier for a more streamlined experience. You can read for all the changes in this FAQ about Spotify free on mobile.

However, if you would like, you can submit it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

Hope I was able to help 🙂

Well that's all well and good but the "Favorite Songs" playlist on mobile has 17 songs in it, not the thousands that i have added to my library in the past.

If you access spotify on a PC, you'll find your saved songs are still there. Drag them all into a new playlist and you'll have access to them on your mobile.

Suggested posts