Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Are Samsung R3 speakers in multi room compatible with Spotify radio

Are Samsung R3 speakers in multi room compatible with Spotify radio

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Desktop and ipad

Operating System

(Windows 10, I.O.s

My Question or Issue

I am about to buy 2 R3 speakers as they score high on 'Which' however I cannot see if they will work to stream the same music to each including Spotify radio, I have had trouble with this using Sonos in the past

3 Replies

Hey @tonyhair.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you head to the official page for the Samsung R3 speaker, it would seem that it's compatible with Spotify based on the info provided there.

When you say Spotify radio, are you referring to the radio stations which can be generated based on songs, albums, artists and playlists?

If so, is there any particular reason why you think that this feature won't function on the Samsung R3 speaker?

We'll be looking out for your reply in case you have any further questions.

Hi Peter

Thanks for your email, my concern was that there used to be a compatibility issue between Spotify and Sonos when trying to play the radio stations generated by Spotify based on music style, 80’s 90’s R&B etc.

Thanks again

Matt

Hey @tonyhair.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Just so you know, some changes are being rolled out to the app which mean that the Radio feature will function a bit differently to what you might be used to.

Make sure to keep an eye out for updates in the Community about this - we'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we have more info about that.

Thanks! Stay awesome 🙂

Suggested posts