Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Are spotify apps (on the sidebar) available for mobile phones?

Are spotify apps (on the sidebar) available for mobile phones?

Helloooooo everyone,

Newly-upgraded Spotify Premium subscriber here! I just signed up for spotify premium last week and am loving it. So many songs and artists at my fingertips, and no ads too! I wasn't a huge spotify user before (more of an iTunes guy) but I just got a new phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) and I decided to move to spotify.

On my desktop, I downloaded the Last.fm app. This is amazing for me, spotify premium with recommendations right on screen for me. So easy and convenient to discover new music.

My question is, is there a way to transfer that app to my mobile phone? Meaning, on my spotify application, when I open up the menu, to have a last.fm connection in there? I know I can scrobble directly to last.fm but I don't want to download a separate last.fm app. I was wondering if I could duplicate what I have on my desktop computer to my mobile phone.

Thank you!!!!

P.S., if the answer is no to this question, what's a way on spotify mobile (when I'm walking to class, waiting for the bus, etc.) to discover new music and artists?

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Currently, Spotify on mobile devices do not support apps. 

The last.fm app on the desktop has the option to create a recommendation playlist, which I listen to on my mobile whilst I am on the move! 

There are new discovery features, coming on desktop and mobile applications soon. So fingers crossed new features will be coming soon 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok, that recommendation playlist thing sounds great!! Thank you!

And I am keeping my fingers crossed too!

Suggested posts