Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist list empty and song tab disappeared

Artist list empty and song tab disappeared

After update to 8.4.95.785, my artist list is empty save a few artists I was following, and the songs tab on the mobile app have disappeared. I primarily listen to the albums and songs I've saved by browsing artists, so this is frustrating. Has anyone had a similar issue or have a work around?

I've read posts where uninstalling and reinstalling the app resolved similar issues; that has not worked. Similarly, previous posts report upgrading to premium resolves the issue, but I already have premium.

Thanks

15 Replies

I'm having the exact same problem!  Any ideas?

Its the new update. I was talking to support all day yesterday and it came down to nothing can be done. Need to wait for them to sort it out. The backlash on this update has been large so i hope they reverse the changes. The app is just a nightmare to use now. I have started to just set up what i want to listen to on my desktop app, then change the device from my computer to my phone. I really shouldnt have to do that to listen to music on my phone. 

This has happened to me as well. I am really frustrated. The songs tab is my go to. Please fix or let me return to a previous version.

Screenshot_20190318-232702.png

Just uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, logged in. Still no luck. Google pixel 3 running Android 9 and the version of Spotify is 8497807.

I liked that when I downloaded an album the songs went into songs. Please help. 

@Gtrlax There is no song list anymore. They got rid of it in the update for a reason that probably makes no sense and was made up by a meth addict with a pickaxe stuck in their brain. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Bring-Spotify-s-old-UI-back/idi-p/4674895 is a vote on the forums to get them to change it back so we can actually use the app again. 

All my albums look like this. I can only use the playlist Spotify made and I can’t see any songs on the actual artist page

73B621EA-557C-436F-A0CF-028DE01070EC.png

Was having the same problem for quite some time on my Huawei P10 Lite with completely update versions. This was going for many weeks and only a full factory reset and setting it up again properly seems to have fixed it. For some artists it does take quite some time (up to a minute or two, for a hundred songs), and the blank page with only the name is quite confusing, without any indication of progress.

I mainly listen to a single Artist for a period when i listen to music, having saved songs i like, so I had the same problem of the app being only half usable. Paying a monthly fee and have an update break something, which doesn't get rolled back is inacceptable in my opinion.

Nevermind, broke again after a day, now that I'm out at work and on mobile data, even though the respective artist I checked, which worked yesterday, is downloaded.

This is frustrating I'm about to switch over to Apple music if this isn't fixed. I look at my artist  list all the time  Asking me to add artists that are already in my collection makes no sense. Plus now I can only delete albums rather than a delete an artist if I no longer want them in my collection.

Just found something out. The Artist pages in the library on mobile load near instantly when clicking the 3 dots and selecting Download/Remove Download and you can see the "switch" for the download move over to the respective position.

Maybe this is helpful to actually resolve this issue and maybe release a patch?

This is really a terrible move on their part.

Bring back the option view songs. That is all.

Hey, is there an update on this matter? My Artists tab is half empty since recently. I used to save a lot of albums and they showed up there, facilitating my listening. I deleted the app, redownloading it but nothing has changed. 

I would like to make a call to Spotify Canada, is that possible?

You can’t save entire albums to your playlists as favorites. You have to add song by song.

Hi! Any ideas how to rectify this issue? is it our account? or some legal issue that the artist has with spotify?

Suggested posts