Artist's Mixes

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Operating System

(iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to search an artist and get a "mix" that contained "like" music.  That feature seems to have disappeared, or is it someplace where I don't know where it is?

7 Replies

Hey @nayrb.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community. We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

Could you be a bit more specific about what you mean? Did the playlist contain music only by the artist you were searching for? 

Many artists have their own Spotify-created playlists of the kind, for example, "This Is: David Gray". They contain a selection of the most popular songs by that artist. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks
In the recent past, when I typed an artist’s name into the search, the result would include a variety of info; songs, albums, etc. Also included would be a “playlist” that contained, along with the artist searched, music by “similar “ artists.

This feature has disappeared.

I have saved numerous playlists created this way.

Hey @nayrb.

Thanks for getting back to us and clarifying what you meant 🙂

Could you give us a specific example of an artist that you search for? What comes up when you search for them, and what do you expect to come up instead? A screenshot of what you see would be extra helpful.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

The results of an artist search used to include a "Mix" that contained "like" artists.  I could save these to a Playlist.  See attached image.  Artist searches no longer offer this.Image-1.jpg

Hey @nayrb.

Thanks for sending us that screenshot.

When you search for an artist, you should see, apart from the artist page, a list of playlists in which the artist features.

For example, when searching for Dua Lipa, you should get "This Is: Dua Lipa", "Today's Top Hits", "Mega Hit Mix" and "Women of Pop".

In addition to this, you should get a Radio Mix when searching on mobile.

Just to confirm, are the mixes that you are referring to the Beatles Mix and Bryan Adams Mix that appear in the screenshot?

As far as I'm aware, there aren't any playlists entitled "[Artist] Mix" on Spotify, only the "This Is:" playlists that I mentioned earlier.

Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this. We'll be here 🙂

Thank you
Undeniable, there is no "mixes" now. However, I suggest there used to be.

Hey @nayrb.

Thanks for getting back to us.

I tried searching around the web to see if there was any information about the Artist Mixes which you're referring to, however I couldn't find anything.

In any case, you now have the option to still listen to the "This Is" playlists, which sound like they are similar in content to the Artist Mixes which you were describing 🙂

Let us know if you have any other questions! We'll be right here.

Suggested posts