Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists Followed, songs/albums saved to "Your Music" disappear after being added

Artists Followed, songs/albums saved to "Your Music" disappear after being added

I was told by Spotify that there is a combined 10,000 track/album/artist limit to what you can save to "Your Music", which frankly is BS since I pay for Premium.  There should be no limits.  I've already hit the limit because I save the entire albums of all the bands I follow.  It's really frustrating because this "limit" is nowhere to be found in the Help section, and I wasted an hour of my life saving albums, tracks, and following artists only to have them all disappear the next day.  And now if I want to save something, I have to go in find some artists that I like, but not too much, and remove all the albums from "Your Music" so I can follow a new artist and/or save their albums.  I wish I knew about this laughably low limit so I could have gone with another service.

When is Spotify planning on raising this limit?  Apple Music and Google Music already have higher limits than Spotify by a large margin.  If this isn't addressed anytime soon, I will consider switching streaming services.

2 Replies

Hundreds of people, including yours truly, agree with you, but this idea thread was replied to by Spotify staff, saying that so few people ever reach the limit that it wouldn't be a practical use of resources to increase the limit. An unsatisfying answer, I realize, but they are still monitoring feedback, so more people reaching the limit means they're more likely to fix it.

I was told by Spotify that I needed to sign up to premium if I wanted to be able to save more songs.  I have since done this only to be told today that I will have to delete some songs if I want to add others.  

I am really angry, as the only reason I upgraded was to be able to save more. I only did this recently, but that is false advertising.

If I can't save more music then I will change to Google Play, as I suspect a lot of other users who are paying for 'premium' will feel like doing after reaching 'capacity'.

Suggested posts