Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artwork over bluetooth.Yes or no?

Artwork over bluetooth.Yes or no?

As the title,can someone please give a definitive answer if this is supposed to work or not

I have an android phone connected to my car stereo via bluetooth vw discover media

I see song info,track title etc etc and everything works fine except no album artwork

Ive have searched on here and several vw and other car forums and cannot get a definitive answer.Some people claim it works,others say it doesnt,some say its because android limitations,others say its because bluetooth doesnt transmit artwork,others say they use other apps from their phones and it works and blame the spotify app but there is no final answer to this that i can find

So......anyone from spotify that can answer this once and for all,should the app show artwork on the car screen or not.If not,what is the reason?

If not,same question with connecting via a cable to the car unit?(dont want to buy one if its a waste of time)Again a million different answers from people without any definite conclusion

Thanks

3 Replies

It worked fine with my  VW Golf Discover Pro. But since a few weeks the entertainment screen only shows the album cover of the first title Spotify played. Is this a known issue? 

I can't speak for a VW but for a Skoda which basically uses the same technieques AFAIK.
I can see the covers for like 20% of the songs. The rest shows only the bluetooth logo or a generic genre logo.

It also appears that since an android update: the first cover shown is also the cover which remains for all other songs which will be played.

Problem occurs with a Google Pixel XL and a Skoda Octavia.

Suggested posts