Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Effects has stopped working

Audio Effects has stopped working

Hey I have a Samsung S4 and Audio Effects has stopped working. This means that I can turn it on and off and adjust the buttons but there will be no difference in sound. This is seriously annoying Is there any solution to this ? or should I stop using spotify and use Wimp instead ?

7 Replies

I just got the same issue on my Xperia SP. It worked for the other day but now changing the settings have no affect on the sound.
I thought it might have something to do with a new version of Spotify, but when I installed an older version the issue was still there.

OK, the problem is gone after deleting all the data, un-installing the app and installing it again.

Ah! I answered too soon: The problem is still there but only for offline files! If you stream files the Audio effects work as expected, but as soon as you have downloaded them the Audio effects are disabled 😞

It never worked for local files, as far as I know, only for spotify music so that's pretty much as expected. 

I'm sure it was working also for offline playlists/files before.

And others have reported the same issue I now found in this thread.

OK, I got it now. The problem is, as Joe said, with local files; i.e. files you have on your pc (usually mp3) AND when you sync playlists using your PC Spotify client (or if your PC spotify client is running while you sync set playlists as offline on your mobile device).

So the solution is:

1. Delete all data.

2. Make sure Spotify is not running on your PC.

3. Download the playlists you want to have offline on you mobile device.

If you have local files on your PC which are not available on Spotify and have added them to offline playlists you will then later need to start Spotify on your PC to get them synced.BUT those file will not be affected by the Audio Effects!

An option is to sync them as mp3 to another Audio player on your device.

It's probably easier to move local music which is available on Spotify to a backup folder/device so that Spotify doesn't see them in the first place but glad you found a solution.

Suggested posts