Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Effects not showing on Beats Audio devices

Audio Effects not showing on Beats Audio devices

Hello all.

We've had some reports of people using some HTC devices with Beats Audio not being able to use the Audio Effects options. I'm collating some information for some reporting. Could you confirm the devices you are using that you are not able to use the Audio Effects option on?

If you're not using a Beats Audio-enabled device, I'd recommend trying a clean installation first, and see if they are available now. If they aren't, could you pop that below too, stating that it's not a Beats Audio enabled device but you're not able to use the Audio Effects option. 

Thanks! 

Airhorn Enthusiast
54 Replies

Next to my one x I have spotify running on a nexus 10 now and it shows no signs of the eq.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

No effect menu on sensation xe either..

@simentobias wrote:

No effect menu on sensation xe either..

There is an open bug topic about this issue here which you might want to add your details too. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Audio effects does not show up on the HTC One (Beats device, just released).  I hope you can fix this soon because the Audio effects greatly enhanced my Spotify experience on my Samsung Galaxy Note.  Thanks for your help!  Justin

HTC ONE S, no equalizer available

After i installed to JB 4.2.2 it stopped working with my audio effects, but only on some of my songs. Sound is awesome with the effects on nut really not that good without. Im running ver. 0.6.5.183 and as mentioned on the new JB 4.2.2 on an Xperia Z

Wheres the help for all the people, with this audio problem, spotify team...

Cheers

If your issue involves Beats Audio then there is still an open bug topic here.

@Cruelman wrote:

After i installed to JB 4.2.2 it stopped working with my audio effects, but only on some of my songs. Sound is awesome with the effects on nut really not that good without. Im running ver. 0.6.5.183 and as mentioned on the new JB 4.2.2 on an Xperia Z

Wheres the help for all the people, with this audio problem, spotify team...

Cheers

Has this been fixed yet ? I've just got the Xperia Z and it has Android 4.1.2, I don't want to update to 4.2.2 if you haven't fixed this issue!

Bug topic says:

[Android] Audio Effects not available on select devices

Thread141718

Not showing on Lg G2 (no beats) stone stock no aftermarket eqs/ dsp manager installed even after clean install, running android 4.2.2

@bananayard Have you tried reinstalling the spotify app?

Audio effects not appearing on My LG G2 Android 4.2.2 using Spotify 0.7.6.343 no DSPmanager. I have tried a clean install. To no avail. Help? Thanks

@jwylot yep sure have. Cleared all data & catch before reinstall, Even went as far as doing a full factory reset on the phone, no luck as yet. Also tried a few eq's from the play store none seemed to have any effect, starting to wonder if lg has locked down the factory eq.

Hmmm........looking at this, it seems that the stock android equalizer, which is used by spotify, has indeed been removed by LG.

Suggested posts