Audio quality low when using any app

Highlighted

Audio quality low when using any app

Fregzie
I very recently got a new phone, I've been a big spotify user for a while and have spotify premium.

I installed it on my new phone and set the audio quality to high for my downloads. When playing songs while on the home screen it sounds very nice. However, if I open anything else, even just the app tray or settings, the audio quality drops dramatically. This also happens when I have my phone locked.

I never had this problem on my last phone so I'm not sure if its a problem with just this phone. Finding a solution would be lovely so I don't feel I'm wasting my money.

Phone make/model: Huawei Honor 4x
Android version: 4.2.2
EMUI version: 3.0
2 Replies

Re: Audio quality low when using any app

guilleyn
Regular

You should try to reinstall the Spotify app. If that don't work, probably is a problem with your phone model since the problem you are reporting isn't happen in other devices.

Re: Audio quality low when using any app

naimzulkefli
I'm facing a similar problem with the same phone..i set my audio quality to high..when i lock my phone while playing a song from spotify, the sound gets super loud and gets slow back again when i unlock my phone.. The exact opposite happens when i use my earphones to listen to spotify..the sound quality also drops when i lock my phone..i hope theres a solution to this problem..thanks
SUGGESTED POSTS