Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Auto offline in mobile network

Auto offline in mobile network

All the time I leave the wifi connection and enter the mobile network (which my phone does automatically when no wifi is available) I have to manually activate the Offline mode in Spotify in order to save my mobile quota for other apps. Why can't they simply add an option in the settings menu to go automatically in Offline mode when the phone is not connected to a wifi network?

There would be an even better improvement: An option where you can set "stream music using wifi networks only". Streaming is the activity which costs a lot of quota but a simple search query when you are looking for a song doesn't effect the quota a lot. So that can be done mobile.

3 Replies

Hey @hotify, welcome to the Spotify Community.

Check out the official idea and convince our dev team it's something to look into by voting here.

Also, the option of streaming music using WiFi networks only sounds like a great idea! Suggest it in our Community here and get support from other users.

Any other questions, just give us a shout 🙂

The link in the answer doesn't work anymore. I'd like to secons this feature. Will it be taken up again or do I need to create an idea submission with my (very similar} idea for it?

Hi there @ssssaaaa,

Thank you for your reply in this thread and welcome.

Currently, Offline mode is the only option to prevent Spotify from using mobile data. However, if you'd like to fully prevent the app from using cellular data, you can disable Data usage for Spotify from your device's settings. Just head to Settings > Apps > Spotify on Android or Settings Cellular Spotify on iOS.

Now, there's still no option to do this from the Spotify app, but it seems other users feel this would be a helpful feature and a new idea has already been suggested here - feel free to add your vote to it! If you feel your idea is different, you can submit a new idea, making sure you follow our Community guidelines

If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts