Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Automatic re set in spotify settings...

Solved!

Automatic re set in spotify settings...

I have disabled spotify from aces sing my Facebook and posting songs to fb through Facebook settings, I've also unin stalled my Facebook  apps on my android tablet including all third party fb apps. When I log into spotify I automatically  get a pop up suggesting that I post songs via Facebook I decline and automatically the  pop up re appears.

I go to spotify settings  to disable all sharing/posting on  Facebook but it then automatically  re sets  it's  self and appears as a glitch as the settings  seem to always  resets itself after I have changed all setting to absolutely  no sharing in anything, deleted cache, data and even in re logging in /out it does it again (3x)  meaning reseting setting on its own (like a glitch). I've Uninstalled spotify and reinstalled  it, it appeared  to be working yet clicking onto song to add to Playlist it shows my Facebook name login although I haven't logged into Facebook from my Android or from spotify. I'm stumped as to what the cause may be for what keeps re accruing through  my android tablet.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @fam please restart your app and try again. I've just done some behind the scenes maintenance for you. 

Let us know if you keep having trouble. 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

I wonder if this topic may help you as I think your best bet is to completely disconnect yourself from Facebook: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This has been mind bleeping. 

I have read and followed to what I feel is as thorough as I can be, even screen shot my process so I can best provide in detail what I am encountering in hopes that someone else can spot the errors. 

1. Account was set up through spotify.

2. At some point according to facebook timeline around ( March - April  ) I allowed spotify to acess my facebook by mistake meaining there was a spur of events encountered that spuratically automatically posted song to my facebook account - there are three spotify accounts

( 2 paid - 1 free )  I use the free version as my kids and other members in our household use the paid version but in some moment of events my kids accessed my account that was left open through ipad (we have ipad, nook(s), samgung tablet <--recently purchased a few wks old)  which got posted to facebook. I finally today, got around to deleting my post activity showing songs appearing through facebook as it was previously hidden due to not seeing the deletion.

However, so, I am not making the connection as to why my facebook name would appear when spotify app has long ago been deleted through facebook there is only one occurance that I spotted but cannot determine with certainty of such beeing the cause.  

So I'll share all screen shots I've taken as i should had screen recorded the process ...

spotify_1.png
spotify_2.png
spotify_3.png

Hi there. I've escalated your post to the moderation team as they'll need to look server side at your account and see in more detail. Hopefully they can resolve the issue for you.

I will however point out you eluded to your family sharing a premium account. Do be aware that account sharing is in violation of the terms and conditions of use, you should create new accounts for each family member and possibly look at family plans: www.spotify.com/family

Android Troubleshooting:

I did elude that bit of fact as we have been trying to switch to a family plan the other plan we have was purchsed long ago before there was even a family plan.

I did pick up on that :-). Just had to mention it.

Anyway, hopefully a member of the support team will be in contact either via PM or in this thread to grab some more details from you so this can be looked into further. Hope it gets solved for you!

Android Troubleshooting:

I figured out the cause to what I described as spotify glitch in my android tablet.

1. Spotify Settings > Social > Show on facebook > off  

2. Spotify> Other > delete cache and data saved

3. Go to SM T230 (androids) main settings.

General > Device Manager > Application Manager > click 'Spotify' icon> uncheck notifications 

Scroll down to CACHE > clear cache > scroll down to LAUNCH BY DEFAULT (optional) > clear defaults

==================================================

The only issue I am, now still visibly seeing is my username as my facebook name instead of my spotify username.

I also tried logging out and relogging in under my spotify username and it still logs me in under the fb user name.

I've also gone ahead and checked my PC file  + roaming file in 'Spotify' and it is as it appears under my 'spotify username' . 

Marked as solution

Hey @fam please restart your app and try again. I've just done some behind the scenes maintenance for you. 

Let us know if you keep having trouble. 

My SM tablet is now functioning as it should. I am not seeing the constant pop ups nor the constant reset in Spotify main settings.

So, thank - you very much. 

sidenote - any feedback on Spotify using my facebook username instead of my Spotify username ?

more importantly, is the issue with Spotify or facebook because as shown in the screen shot (2nd photo)

Activity Log > all apps > SpotifyI cannot in anyway remove that icon nor does the setting remove itself so I was wondering how you would go about removing something that I, myself cannot seem to remove off of fbook ? 

kind regards, 

fam.

Quick update I am now able to access my original Spotify username (it only shows in the top corner right screen) which I think I read somewhere on the Spotify board it will eventually drop.

Spotify icon in facebook still shows but I leave it as is, so long as it's not cross interfering with my
SM apps .. I'm G.O.O.D Heart

Brilliant. Glad you're sorted. I'll mark Meredith's post as the solution in this case.

Dan

Android Troubleshooting:

I think it  would  be  great if the solution to  fixing Spotify glitching caused by SM settings cross interfering with Spotify settings, although I did provide a temporay fix the fix ultimately  needs to be fixed through Spotify server and none  other. 

Might save another who might fall in the same predicament from trying a temporary  fix when ultimately  the fix can only be serviced through Spotify servers as solution.

I have exactly the same problem. Meredith could you help me with this?

@Asmat if you can provide a bit more detail as to exactly what you need un linked I'll escalate it so that a mod can do the work for you. Have you already done the steps in the link to disconnect Facebook previously posted?

Android Troubleshooting:

I would add to Daniels comment that I forgot to mention to his link how to unlink facebooks settings through spotify is.. it should read a little more precise as the setting change needs to come from PC / Mac and android both need to be on the same settings.

Which I did not elude in my previous post that I was following Daniels directions to unlinking facebook from Spotify settings from my android tablet when in fact it needed to come from both sources. Upon observation I now see why my tablet was cross interfering or as I referred to it as "glitching'.

Honestly, I didn't think I would need to change both setting from my pc & sm. I thought one or the other would suffice now I see it can be a common error as I can't login into community spotify from my android but I can from my pc. I think the cross intering mobile device with your pc device can cause clashing of system device.

My 'Show on Facebook' settings on Android keeps switching to on by itself even when I switched it off. Every few seconds I would get a blank white screen with a circling green ring in the middle when I am in the Spotify app.

@Asmat wrote:
My 'Show on Facebook' settings on Android keeps switching to on by itself even when I switched it off. Every few seconds I would get a blank white screen with a circling green ring in the middle when I am in the Spotify app.

How does your settings in your pc appear vs your settings in your android ? Spotify  doesn't  integrate  their cross platforms seamlessly  so you may want  to  check  your  settings  in both  pc/mac and android  when trying to follow  the link Daniel provided. 

I can only imagine the clashing, mix signal of commands telling the other to do the opposite  of  what  the other is trying to figure as a solution. Senseless  is what comes to  mind and it's likely  to not be the fault of  the  commands.

Suggested posts