Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Autoplay not working on playlists (Android + Windows)

Autoplay not working on playlists (Android + Windows)

Plan

Premium

Country

Serbia

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10/ASUS Laptop

Operating System

Android 10/ Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My account is set to "autoplay" and although I read that it works on playlists AND radio, on both my phone and laptop, when I reach the end of a playlist (be it one of my own or one I found or was curated for me, like Daily Mix), the list just returns to the first song. Help? 

11 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

MotoGpower

Operating System

Android 10

I had this issue starting about a month ago and it was resolved in this thread about a week ago or so. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Autoplay-doesn-t-work/idc-p/4994937#M103470

However starting this week it's happened again and autoplay no longer works on android for me. After playing an album or playlist it will just go back to the first song and pause. I've tried disabling/enabling autoplay and restarting.

Hey there @Miljan1982 and @Doomongous

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Could you let us know if you observe the same after performing a clean reinstall? This will ensure your Spotify app is on the latest version including all updated features. Follow the steps here on how to perform a clean reinstall depending on what device you’re using. 

In case this persists after the clean reinstall, let us know if you experience the same when logging in to your Spotify account on a different device. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available. 

It’d also be useful to let us know if the Autoplay isn’t working on certain playlists or you observe it across multiple playlists. If you experience this only with particular ones, you can share them with us by following the steps here.     

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions.

I replied via email, but here, just in case:

Hello, 

The mobile app is a new install, I installed it a day before writing you guys or so, so it's the newest version. Also, it's not happening only on mobile, but on the Windows 10 app, too. And as written already, it's on ALL playlists. Autoplay works on radio only. 

Tried a clean install and autoplay still doesn't work. This is true for all playlists. Device is currently up to date, spotify release 8.5.66.1002. I'm experiencing this issue on android devices only, windows 10 autoplay is still functional for me.

Hey @Miljan1982 and @Doomongous,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Could you try if you can activate Autoplay successfully after restarting your network device (router or modem)? If this doesn't help, try connecting to a different network. It's worth checking the Internet connection in such a case since you report the feature sometimes works on Android but not on Windows OS devices.   

If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.   

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.  

Hi Ivan, 

Sorry, but none of that helps. I tried my home network (which works fine with 400 Mbit/s) and mobile network (4g). Tried turning off and turning back on of Autoplay on both devices (mobile and windows laptop). Nothing. 

It does not sometimes work for Android in my case. It never works on Android and always works on windows for me. I've been on multiple wifi and cellular networks on Android and it has not worked.

Hey @Miljan1982 and @Doomongous,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Can you see if it works on accounts of friends of your or family members? You can also give us the Spotify version, that you've installed on your devices. 

It would be great if you can send us screenshots or video recordings of what you see. We'll investigate this further.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, 

I just received an update on the WIN10 app and it works now OK. Android still not. I use version 8.5.68.904. And it happens exactly as I described. The Playlist just goes back to the beginning. Please fix. 

Addition: on windows, it also works only on SOME playlists. Not all. And it's totally unpredictable which ones.

Hello, 

Any updates on this? On Android, it still doesn't work. 

Suggested posts