Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Nokia 8 + Samsung Tab S2

Operating System

Android 8.1.0 + Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

Since several weeks autoplay stopped working. Deleting cache, turning autoplay option off-on, reinstalling app, rebooting device, nothing works. As you can see it is faulty on both my devices. Last but not least, Spotify is up to date.

Anybody advice?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Seidelmann,

Sorry to hear that hasn't worked. On your Nokia, could you check if having your device on WiFi or mobile data makes autoplay work?

It's worth double checking it's turned on under your settings and that shuffle and repeat are turned off to make sure you're listening to the last track on a playlist or album - the track before auto-play should kick in. 

Keep us posted, 

/T

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Seidelmann,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear autoplay isn't working. Are you able to try Spotify on a non-Android device to see if it's working on there? 

Just as a heads up, a new Android update came out today so it's worth checking for any updates. 

Let us know how you get on, 

/T

I'll seek out for an iPhone and be back with an answer.

Unfortunately the update didn't do the trick. I tried it on an iPhone and it working fine. So, what's next? Do you report the bug or something?

Marked as solution

Hey @Seidelmann,

Sorry to hear that hasn't worked. On your Nokia, could you check if having your device on WiFi or mobile data makes autoplay work?

It's worth double checking it's turned on under your settings and that shuffle and repeat are turned off to make sure you're listening to the last track on a playlist or album - the track before auto-play should kick in. 

Keep us posted, 

/T

Well that's some weird situation.. turning off and on the auto play or the repeat or shuffle buttons aacoupke of times  apparently did the trick, both WiFi and normal signal. I hope it keeps working, as I can't see why this was the reason, especially the repeat or shuffle buttons. Anyhow, many thanks for your help! 

Sadly enough it wasn't for the long run.. it worked for a day or two and suddenly stopped working. It's getting really annoying 🙂 Any other tips/possible solutions?

Hey my Spotify Autoplay dont work in Android version 8 device too iOS 12 iPhone X works fine

Suggested posts