Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Honor 8

Operating System

EMUI 5.0.1/Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

I have startet using Spotify about 2 months ago. About 2 weeks ago i realized that the autoplay feature stopped working. Now both replay options have the same effect. It works fine on my computer.

I have tried:

• Restarting my device (obviously)
  • Clearing cache
  • Reinstalling spotify
  • Ensuring to get a clean new installation of Spotify

I have read up on the issue and it seems I'm not the only one having it. Altough I have yet to find a solution that helps. And I'm not going to bother reinstalling Android.

8 Replies

Hey @117034330.

Thanks for reaching out to us and for trying those steps already.

We noticed that you're on Android 7.0. It seems that your device is upgradeable to 8.0. Do you mind upgrading to the lastest Android OS and let us know if that fixes the issue?

If not, let us know and we'll see what else we can suggest 😉

Hi,

I have the same problem on my Android phone.

Autoplay works on my PC and Iphone. Interestingly when I finish listening to an album on PC and when autoplay kicks in and than I switch to my phone it does work. but only as long as I wont change folder playing.

This is most important option in Spotify! 

thanks for help

Hey @Mac998.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Since you're only seeing this on your Android phone, could you try a quick clean reinstall of the app, making sure to clear all app data?

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi,

so i clean reinstall it twice and no change...

What is the solution for this problem? And how many robots are spending theire time here?

Hey @Mac998,

Thanks for trying that out, and apologies for the late reply!

Do you mind updating your Android version to 8.0? It should be available for your device, and we believe that this should fix it for you.

@user-removed - could you describe the exact issue you're experiencing so we can see if it's the same issue as the OP's?

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi Peter, android is updated to v9 

recently autoplay worked once, I dont know what is going on.

Hey there @Mac998 ,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this info!

We'd recommend giving it another try to reinstall the app on your device, making sure to follow the steps in this Spotify Answer instead for a clean installation.

If you're still having troubles after that, we'd suggest to make sure of the following:

• Autoplay is toggled on on your Android device. You can follow the steps here if you're unsure. 
  • If possible, try it with a different WiFi or 3G/4G network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • If possible, log in to your device with a different Spotify account to see if the issue persists. 

If none of these do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could give us some additional details, for example, your device and the version of the Spotify app.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you still need help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts