Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES TROUBLESHOOT.

BLUETOOTH HEADPHONES TROUBLESHOOT.

Recently I got myself a pair of Bluetooth headphones to pair with Spotify on my android device. However the play/pause button does not seem to register on Spotify. Neither does the skip functions. When a call comes in Spotify won't stop playing and I miss the call. Its annoying. any ideas.
5 Replies

Do they work correctly with the stock music player?

Yep it's only with Spotify that I have this problem. at first I was
thinking it was maybe an android update or some other app like Google voice
activation (or whatever its called) being a nuicence again, but after a
considerable amount of playing around with such things I still haven't been
able to locate the source of the problem. any suggestions would be much
appreciated.

Strange as I thought play/pause were a function of the OS. What phone, android version and spotify version are you using?

Sony Z3, version 6.0.1, Spotify version 6.2.0.1028 but says this is
latest version available to me. Headphones are Bowers and wilkins p5's.

Me a big fan of B&W 🙂 Audio ducking works fine on my S7 but a few others have complained about this. I'm not sure if it's relevant but can you check that spotify has permission to access "Telephone".

As for play/pause not working, all I've seen are infrequent reports with no known fix. It may be worth unpairing then re-pairing the phones. If that doesn't work, use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

Suggested posts