Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BUG: Spotify forgets last played song in playlist after resume several hours later

BUG: Spotify forgets last played song in playlist after resume several hours later

When playing music over Bluetooth (A2DP), it works fine.

Then I disconnect bluetooth it will be stopped  – that’s absolutely right and okay.

Now about 8 hours later, I want to resume at the song where it stopped. But spotify app totally forgot where it was…

It even doesn't remember the last played song of my playlist... 

So I always have to remember which song I played and then select the song manually later on.

App Version 0.5.1.15.g81977995

Android device:

Samsung Galaxy S2

Android 4.0.3

---------

Add your Kudos to the idea in the link below, which relates to this bug...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Store-playlist-position-on-Android-the-same-way-as-it-...

50 Replies

Hi:

I've been using Spotify for a year now and this have always worked for me but since the last update. It seems that last played song is not stored locally anymore so the device has to be connected to the Internet and can't be in offline mode.

I would definitely appreciate a fix for that.

Regards,

Jorge

Can we get this bug reopened please? I'm still seeing the issue on Spotify 1.0.4.90.g0b6df40b on Windows 8.1

I have only just got Spotify premium, and find I have this bug (Android 5.1).  I can see it was supposed to have been fixed here :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Store-playlist-position-on-Android-the-same-way-a...

I have the Android app in offline mode as I do not want my queue syncing with the desktop app.  I listen to Spotify on my commute to work via bluetooth in the car, and then after a few hours I notice the widget loses the last play track, and when I re-open the app, it more often than not has lost the track I was up to.  Very frustrating!

It is amazing how long it is taking them to fix this. Or maybe they are not going to fix it. I got back to version 2.2.0.621 while this issue is not fixed, which is the last version in which this works.

This other post is very similar and has a more detailed description of the issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/BUG-Spotify-cannot-remember-last-song-without-a-data-c...

I have the exact same problem now. I have the latest version of Spotify running on CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) on a OnePlus One and have heaps of space left. This is super frustrating for me as I have large playlists and I like to shuffle them all to play through the week and I don't like to have to re-shuffle again at the start of the day because Spotify loses the last track I was at in the shuffle 😞

Same problem here!

Problem appears since i started to use spotify a year ago on every android device so far 😞

Still happening on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge running Android 5.1.1 and Spotify 4.9.0.992.

I'd love to be able to plug my headset, press the headset button and continue listening where I left... like on the other apps...

Wow, 4 years later. and still a problem. Cancelled my spotify premium for this reason.  In case anyone was wondering, Google Music App works great! And you get Google Music with Youtube red subscription and can upload 50,000 of your own songs for free!

Still happening on a LG G2 running Android 5.0.2 and Spotify 4.9.0.992.

It happens whenever the Spotify app is cleared from the phone's memory. It does not persist the song and exact point in which you were listening to.

It's funny to see that my old iPod Touch with a very old iOS 5 version is able to perform this OK.

BTW, having such an old device (2009) leaves me without "Your Music" feature on it 😞

Years-old problem... do we have any hopes of seeing it fixed?

@user-removed wrote:

When playing music over Bluetooth (A2DP), it works fine.

Then I disconnect bluetooth it will be stopped  – that’s absolutely right and okay.

Now about 8 hours later, I want to resume at the song where it stopped. But spotify app totally forgot where it was…

It even doesn't remember the last played song of my playlist... 

So I always have to remember which song I played and then select the song manually later on.

App Version 0.5.1.15.g81977995

Android device:

Samsung Galaxy S2

Android 4.0.3

---------

Add your Kudos to the idea in the link below, which relates to this bug...

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Store-playlist-position-on-Android-the-same-way-as-it-is-done-on/idi-p/28295

Still no solution? This feature is essential!
Edit: it seems that Spotify does not forget the Song, because if I connect my phone to my car via bluetooth, it displays the last played song and even the time where it stopped. It just won't play until I start the Spotify app manually.
What is the actual problem here?

Suggested posts