Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bad App Quality

Bad App Quality

While Spotify celebrates their 10 million premium accounts...

Since the user interface redesign (black background), the quality of the Android as well as the iOS app has been significantly reduced. A lot of crashes. When entering the app the playlists are reloaded over and over again. Listening in the car via bluetooth is almost impossible. A lot of speed lags and hickups. Most of my friends are using the app on iOS and tell me the same. Some even quit their premium accounts.

I feel that Spotify users are to test the new beta versions. Now i know that especially on Android testing is difficult. But at least the new devices with new OS versions should be properly supported.

As a premium user i must say this is unacceptable - Spotify fix these apps!

Acuix

3 Replies

I agree completely. The app is basically unuseable and constantly crashes, I've seen lots of cases of the playlists constantly loading and the app crashing on the community here and Spotify seem to refuse to acknowledge this problem exists. 

I will have to quit spotify if it isnt sorted soon as it makes no sense for me to be paying money for a service I cant use to an orgainsation that refuse to do anything about it.

The thing is, the apps are beta tested. Just think the testing needs to include more users and be given more time to iron out these issues before the apps get pushed live.

The latest android release is crash mad on my S4.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is odd... I don't think I've ever had Spotify crash ever.  The current version works fine too on my Galaxy S5 and Nexus 7.

I do agree versions should be in testing a bit longer before they're pushed out though, I've seen a lot of bugs but not crashing.

Suggested posts