Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bad quality for downloaded music

Solved!

Bad quality for downloaded music

I am unable to download my music in appropriate quality to my Caterpillar B15Q: Whenever I synch a playlist on a "fresh" Spotify installation, all music sounds like it's coming out of a tin can with a string on it, and not the pair of Sennheisers attached to my phone.

The Issue has NOT presented itself when I did a clean re-install of spotify previously without synching playlists, streamed music sounded as it's supposed to.

This is the procedure I've tried last:

-Uninstall Spotify app

-Delete all remaining folders with the word "spotify" in their name using the device's file manager

-restart device

-Reinstall spotify app

-restart device

-Go to settings and set both streaming and download quality to "extreme"

-synch a large playlist to ensure download to SD card

-Wait for download to finish

-Listen to a random track

The issue presents itself regardless of the device's equalizer settings.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Okay turns out there's this option called "Wave-Settings" which was set to "construction". Setting it to music has resolved the issue. Perhaps this could be added to the knowledge base or something.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi,

Firstly, I don't believe this is a Spotify issue. If it were then there would be a lot more complaints on the board about downloaded music quality. Do tracks played by your local music player sound OK?

Also, are you trying to save to the SD Card? Your phone is known to have issues saving the downloads to SD which may be the issue. Can you try the steps in the thread linked below to get the cache set to your SD card and then re-download your files?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/quot-No-SD-card-found-quot-on-Cat-B15Q/m-p/862073

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@Daniel wrote:

Hi,

Firstly, I don't believe this is a Spotify issue. If it were then there would be a lot more complaints on the board about downloaded music quality. Do tracks played by your local music player sound OK?

Also, are you trying to save to the SD Card? Your phone is known to have issues saving the downloads to SD which may be the issue. Can you try the steps in the thread linked below to get the cache set to your SD card and then re-download your files?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/quot-No-SD-card-found-quot-on-Cat-B15Q/m-p/862073

The music's fine when played on both my home PC and work laptop. Like I said, there have been instances where playback was fine, I just haven't been able to reliably reproduce the conditions yet.

I am saving to the SD card, successfully so, too. the com.spotify.music folder on the internal memory is empty, too.

Also, when some music has been downloaded to the SD card, streamed music sounds like crap as well.

Have you selected 320 kbps for stream/download in app?

If "-Go to settings and set both streaming and download quality to "extreme"" corresponds to that, then yes. There is no option that displays actual values.

Also, I've (sort of) done what was suggested in the first link before I ran into this problem.

E: Actually, the problem presented itself right after I did.

Sorry, I meant do mp3's you have on your phone play OK if you use the built in music player? I'm wondering if it's your device that is faulty.

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

Okay turns out there's this option called "Wave-Settings" which was set to "construction". Setting it to music has resolved the issue. Perhaps this could be added to the knowledge base or something.

Interesting. I'll keep that in mind if I come across this again. In regards to adding it to the FAQ that particular option is device specific and as such not really something Spotify should advise on... Imagine an FAQ that contained every unique scenario with any device.

I think the fact you have posted here the answer hopefully if someone comes across it again they'll come here and (hopefully) search the forum and come across your answer.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts