Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Battery drain Galaxy s20

Battery drain Galaxy s20

I have the galaxy s20 for a few days now and i've noticed the huge battery drain it has. I have listened to Spotify for 2 hours and it caused a battery drain of almost 17%. This is way higher than on my galaxy s9. Please fix this because this is really ridiculous. 

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Galaxy S20

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

I have exactly the same problem. On my s9 spotify was draining a lot but on my s20 the drain is dramatic. As you say about 17% per hour. 

On my iphone previously was about 6 times less battery consumption, I am shocked about this battery usage (20% - 2h30mins) just to play music offline. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

It seems that the battery consumption issue on Android phones was discussed in this thread. You can check out if any of the suggestions there make a difference for you.

You can also have a look at this answer by @Jigalo123 ,as some users report that doing this solved it for them.

Hope you find this info useful.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra very recently, so the post referred to as the solution probably won't work in my case. And the battery drain of Spotify is really huge compared to any other app on my phone. It might help to be able to turn off "allow background activity", but if I do this, it stops playing as soon as my phone screen turns off. 

Suggested posts