Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung s20

Operating System

Android 11

Spotify is draining a lot of battery while listening to it in offline mode (about 6-7% per hour) and having the app running in the background, also I noticed my phone is getting somewhat warm/hot while spotify is active.

I tried a clean install of spotify and disabled spotify connect in the background.

My spotify version is 8.5.87.921

Does anybody else have this problem or a solution? It's quiet annoying to not  get through a full work day without my phone almost dying.

EDIT: Attached a screenshot as you can see spotify draine 27% in two and a half hours, while beeing in offline mode and mostly running in the background

Screenshot_20201210-184954_Device care.jpg
2 Replies

Hey there @clydeFrog0,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey there,

no, I'm not using an SD Card. As mentioned above I cleared the cache and memory of spotify, uninstalled it, reset my password logged out of all devices, downloaded spotify again and logged back in. That didnt work, I also chatted with your support they cleared my cache from the backend this also didnt work.

The only thing that is connected to spotify is my galaxy watch 3, which I only use as a remote controller. No spotify app on the watch only the stock mp3 player that mirrors spotify from phone. Battery usage on the watch is normal.

Thanks for your reply!

Suggested posts