Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Because of the quality of the apps, I've sadly had to unsubscribe.

Because of the quality of the apps, I've sadly had to unsubscribe.

I do love the service, but I mainly use it on my phone and tablet (both Android devices). I'd love to continue with it, but I'm just completely fed up with the quality of the apps.

Apart from the looks, the app from over a year ago had much better functionality .I'm still waiting for many of the removed features to be restored (in particular playing local files) and there are other features that need to be implemented (I had to buy another Android app to make it usable on my tablet).

On top of this, the stability of the app has gone downhill recently. Multiple times my music has either been deleted from my device or I've been logged out of the app (and, again, this causes my music to be deleted). Add the extra annoyance that I have to click some tiny text to click in because I want to lot in with my Spotify details and not my details from a random unrelated site.

Now, this wouldn't be quite as problematic if I just had Spotify music, but I also have a lot of music which isn't on Spotify (for example, all of Bear McCreary's music). Not being able to access this until I get home and sync it that way is rather inconvenient. Cloud music storage would be great (even if it was through a third party cloud storage service), and playing local files would be a bit of a help.

If Spotify did come out with an overhauled Android app with many new features and better stability, I'd re-join in a heartbeat. Until them, I'm fed up of paying for what feels like an early beta.

3 Replies

Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenice this has caused you.

If you have a suggestion, please submit it to the ideas section of the spotify community.

If you have a bug to report, please either post it in the help section of the Spotify community or submit a support ticket here: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/

Thanks for being a Spotify user, and we hope to see you in the future!

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

There's a 77 page long stickied thread of suggestions. The main features I wan't have been mentioned many, many times.

I hope there is a reason for me to come back later, and I hope you keep being successful so you can add extra staff and resources to the app teams.

I still hold Spotify in a very positive light, it's just the app that's the problem - I felt that letting you know the reasons was better than quietly unsubscribing. I'm not angry and I think the money I've spent so far has been well spent.

@user-removed wrote:

There's a 77 page long stickied thread of suggestions. The main features I wan't have been mentioned many, many times.

I hope there is a reason for me to come back later, and I hope you keep being successful so you can add extra staff and resources to the app teams.

I still hold Spotify in a very positive light, it's just the app that's the problem - I felt that letting you know the reasons was better than quietly unsubscribing. I'm not angry and I think the money I've spent so far has been well spent.

Hi,

Thanks for letting the community know about what you want implemented, hopefully Spotify will notice and update it accordingly, just a matter of time I suppose.

Make sure to add Kudos and Comments to those ideas that you want implemented to get them up the top of the list!

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts