Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Android Q

My Question or Issue

the "Behind the Lyrics" option is not working on some songs that I had previously seen the option on (I also tried to do the one from the example on the "Behind the Lyrics" page on Spotify's website). I looked into some other questions here, and it seems like reinstalling the app works for everyone, but I did it three times already and it doesn't seem to be working. I also looked in Settings but didn't find "Behind the lyrics" to be an option. Any other ideas?

4 Replies

There are no options to turn this function on and off on Android. Behind the lyrics is a cooperation with genius. It's not available for all songs. 

I asume you try to use the function on a song, which doesnt have a behind the lyrics.

Try for example the song "Imagine Drgons - Bad Liar" there you should be able to see behind the lyrics. 

If you just wanna see the lyrics try the Soundhound app. 

Here is the article, how to use it: https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/can-i-see-lyrics-on-spotify/

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion, but as I mentioned in the post, I have already tried a couple of songs which I know to have behind the lyrics (such as the example from the tutorial on how to use Behind the Lyrics); however, I still decided to try Bad Liar by Imagine Dragons, and sure enough, the Behind the Lyrics option wasn't there. Any other ideas?

I have the same problem also on Android. The Lyrics were working find and they have suddenly vanished. Updating and reinstalling the Ap does not help. 

Hi,
sorry to reply about Soundhound.
Connection between Spotify and Soundhound is not working. Following instructions on the link https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/features/can-i-see-lyrics-on-spotify/ always getting error "unable to connect", on iPhone
Could you please help me?

Suggested posts