Black screen or 1 second open then crashes and shuts down

Highlighted

Black screen or 1 second open then crashes and shuts down

cphillimore
Regular
I have the newest version of Spotify (8.4.0.539) and android version 6.0.1 Samsung s6.

This morning it was working fine then suddenly froze and stopped working and then shut down. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, sometimes I get past the login stage then it seems to shut down as soon as it starts connecting to the Internet. I've cleared all the cache/app data and tried again for a clean reset. I've tried on both WiFi and my mobile network. I've tried logging in then quickly switching off my Internet but it still crashes.

HELP, please! totally lost without it!!
28 Replies

Re: Black screen or 1 second open then crashes and shuts down

paglias
Same here with a Samsung s7

Joe
Community Legend

I suggest reinstalling spotify following all the steps here. If you still have problems, 

I suggest you use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

alex1104
Casual Listener

Exact same but for Samsung S7 

jsa061

Hi, 

got the same thing going here. Black screen, then crashes. My phone is a Huawei p9 lite android 6.

Beckyy668
Casual Listener
I am having same issues on Samsung S7 not thrilled when paying for premium!

DanielvdBerg

Same here, tried full suggested reinstall. (Galaxy Tab A10.1 and Motorola Motox Style). Was working perfectly, randomly decided to stop. reinstall does allow me to open app, however when login in with facebook credentials it immediately crashes.

pitzkale
Casual Listener

Same on my Honor 8 and Nexus 9.

Feels like the app is broken for everyone after latest update, or that the Spotify servers are having issues. This cannot be a hardware issue, as many different (if not all) devices are affected.

Lordcastle
Casual Listener
Same here on a Google Pixel.

Nuttynote
Music Fan

SAME !

I'm having the same issue this morning (UTC - London). Andriod 5.0 on a Samsung Note 3.

I dont want to uninstall because of my offline liabary! 

looking forward to response

Thanks.

SUGGESTED POSTS