Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Black screen or 1 second open then crashes and shuts down

Black screen or 1 second open then crashes and shuts down

I have the newest version of Spotify (8.4.0.539) and android version 6.0.1 Samsung s6.

This morning it was working fine then suddenly froze and stopped working and then shut down. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, sometimes I get past the login stage then it seems to shut down as soon as it starts connecting to the Internet. I've cleared all the cache/app data and tried again for a clean reset. I've tried on both WiFi and my mobile network. I've tried logging in then quickly switching off my Internet but it still crashes.

HELP, please! totally lost without it!!
28 Replies

And don't "accept as solution" on this, it's a short time fix. I have to do it over again every time I close the app...

Sure, unistalled, removed and reinstalled... All it did was remove all offline playlists...

Please try the following steps:

1. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps.
  2. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it. For older Android devices, navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage applications.
  3. Tap Clear Data. If you're using Android 6.0+, tap Storage > Clear Data
  4. Tap Uninstall.
    For a clean reinstall, go to Storage > Android > Data and delete a folder called com.spotify.music.
  5. Restart your Android device.
  6. Open Google Play then search for and install the Spotify Music app.

Followed instructions exactly. Did not resolve.

latest version with android 7.1.2 on nexus 6p, same problem here. the fix was just temporary, have to redo it every time.

Exact same thing is happening to me on Galaxy S6. Everything was fine this morning. I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled...didn't work. I created a new free account with another email address and this works without any problems. I also installed app on another android device that has never had spotify (so don't have cached data)...it also kicks my main account 1 second after trying to launch app.

Managed to get main account to open by turning on flight mode as I'm trying to launch app. Managed to get back in, but as soon as I close app it crashes when I try to relaunch.

Looks to me as if it is an issue when it tries to communicate with the spotify servers. However it only seems to be for certain accounts (seeing as the new free one I created works reliably).

They just released an update, it works for me now!

Just instaliing . . 

New version fired up ok with wifi on 🙂 just a 4 sec lag for server checking etc. 

Power to the Community 🙂 and welldone Spotify for a fast response 🙂

Suggested posts