Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blank screen on new spotify version

Solved!

Blank screen on new spotify version

I tried the new version of spotify to android 4. It seemed good at first but now i only get a totally blank screen and i can't play any music at all. I have a google nexus. I don't know what the problem is. Any idea??
206 Replies

If you go to http://m.spotify.com on your mobile browser, you can download older version.

Spanish support said me. I've tried it and it works!!

did it work ?

@jorgemuve wrote:

If you go to http://m.spotify.com on your mobile browser, you can download older version.

Spanish support said me. I've tried it and it works!!

That's awesome news. Did you clear the cache etc. before "down"grading?

No, I didn't. I only uninstalled the new version and downloaded and installed de old versión. I joined in and... fixed!

The problem is that Google Play now says there's a newer version available but, obviously, I won't upgrade until they fix the bug.

Good thinking and thanks for the info 🙂

WORKED ALL IS BACK TO NORMAL !! WILL UPDATE LATER AND CONFIRM THAT IT DOESNT BLANK OUT !! 😄

Glad it worked for you 🙂 Has anyone else resolved their problems by downloading from http://m.spotify.com/ ?

Worsk for me - this link is currently for v 0.5.12.52. Spotify always worked perfectly on my deisre HD until the v 0.6.0.17 update this week then i just got a white screen alomost everytime i start the app. I tried all the usual steps first (delte cache, power off phone, reinstall etc, I even tried another SD card)

Does anyone know how to disable the auto update?

Thanks! 

I didn't think the version from the m.spotify.com site (or any of the Spotify apps) automatically update on android? I could be wrong, but I thought the only way to get updates was via google play so if you install directly I don't think it will auto update. 

Maybe someone with an android device can verify?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes sure. its very simple you go to the Play Store you go to menu you go to settings then there will be an option saying auto update apps click on it and three options will show. just pick whichever suits you best I put it on do not update without asking.

Sources: my samsung infuse I 997

I have a blanc screen too in my xperia arc.

App seems to freeze and a restart of phone is solves it for a little while, then it starts all over again.

I have tried to uninstall and then reinstall spotify, but the problem remains.

i have logged off from the account, and logged on.... with no help.

Also my local files will not sync with the phone, cause my pc suddenly can not find the device?

I also put the phone back to the originale state as it was when i bought it... no help. 

What to do?

Uninstall the app, go to the spotify WEBSITE through your browser and download. I did this yesterday and have not experience any problems. A temporary solution has been found. Hopefully spotify is working to solve this problem for good.

Ok. I am trying it out NOW.

Make sure your phone does not auto update

I had the blank screen issue to and installed version  0.5.0.972  listed in thie first link in this thread:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/td-p/79997

It was the first one i found that had 320 kbps streaming. I figured any of the more recent versions were going to give me more problems. Older seems to be better here.

White screen issue!

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S advance.

Android 2.3.6

Spotify version:0.6.0.17

App works, I leave the app to perform another function on the phone. re open spotify app and opens to a white screen then force closes. Its never done this before I updated to the newest version.

Ive performed all the steps on the apps issue page, uninstalling deleting folders etc etc.

Nothing, it still freezes

It seems most/all of the devices having this problem are (a) "older" devices (including mine) from about 2 years ago and (b) devices running OS 2.x.  I don't think I've seen a commment from someone saying they're seeing the blank white screen on a SG 3 or a Nexus 4 or a device running OS 4.x

My phone updated the app to version:0.6.0.17 again this morning before I got to disable auto updates in the play store and sure enough the white screen thing came back, I then downgraded back to 0.5.12.52 and it works just fine. So this is definitely a bug with the new release and probably android 2.1.
Hope you are listening Spotify!

Hi jester. Please point your android to m.spotify.com and download and install the version from there to see if it fixes things for you. You should also turn off auto-updating in your Google Play settings for now.

@smelico wrote:

It seems most/all of the devices having this problem are (a) "older" devices (including mine) from about 2 years ago and (b) devices running OS 2.x.  I don't think I've seen a commment from someone saying they're seeing the blank white screen on a SG 3 or a Nexus 4 or a device running OS 4.x

This seems to be correct, looking at the two threads about issues with the recent update. Staff are aware of this.

Suggested posts