Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Intel Windows 10 PC + Google Pixel 4a Android 11 Phone

My Question or Issue

I just got a pair of Jabra Elite Active 75t Earbuds and have these connected to both my PC and my phone simultaneously via Bluetooth 5.1 multipoint. I prefer to listen to Spotify on my phone because the audio quality is much better. However, I want to control Spotify from my PC since it is much more convenient.

Whenever I use this configuration, the audio on my phone does not work because the earbuds get a signal from my PC that Spotify is trying to play music there (even though it is just being used to control audio through my phone). I know this because when I press play on my phone, it runs for about 2 seconds then automatically pauses because Spotify on the PC is trying to take control. The only way to resolve this is to close spotify on my PC and only keep my phone spotify running. This requires me to use my phone for control though. Please let me know if you need more details trying to reproduce this bug.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Bluetooth Multipoint Issue w/Windows PC + Android Phone Connected

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @dougw03, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll take a closer look at this and get back to you asap! 
Thanks for your patience in advance.

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @dougw03

Thanks for your patience! 

The solution in your case would be to connect the earbuds only to one of the devices. I'll also get some more detail on my end to see if this is expected or not. There is some more information on how to set the music quality to High on your PC.

Hope this clears things up in the meantime!

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi Billy,

This is really frustrating because I purchased these earbuds so I could connect to multiple devices at a time. It seems that the root cause of this issue is Spotify thinks I am playing from two devices simultaneously. If I close spotify on my PC or use another PC that is not simultaneously connected via BT, the issue goes away. However, I simply want to use my PC for control and my phone for playback while being connected via BT to both simultaneously. Can you please submit a bug report for your engineering team to investigate this?

P.S. I have my spotify settings on very high on both the phone and PC. I think that the issue is my phone supports a higher quality bluetooth codec than my PC so the audio sounds better through the phone connection.

SUGGESTED POSTS