Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth car controls stopped working [Kenwood]

Bluetooth car controls stopped working [Kenwood]

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 9.0.0

My Question or Issue

After the recent updates i have issues skipping songs, play/pause ect. using my cars headunit, which is a Kenwood DDX4017BT.

Sometimes after closing and opening the Spotify app i can skip the song once or twice and then it stops working again.

This is using the app on the radio called BT Audio.

The radio itself got a dedicated Spotify app, however this app just says "Connecting..." and then starts playing audio, but keeps on saying "Connecting..." and i then can't control anything or see artist name ect.

If i use Google Play Music skipping, play/pause ect. works fine..

10 Replies

I have exactly the same issue when trying to control my songs about the car steering wheels buttons. The problem started app. 2,5 weeks ago. Before that everything worked well for many months.

Hey @Nemaides and @sanster75,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this in the Community.

This is an issue which we're aware of and looking into, but we don't currently have a timeline for a fix. Make sure to head over to this thread to stay up-to-date on our progress.

Thanks!

Same issue:

@Peter thanks for the reply; the linked thread sounds like something else to me, is it possible that this is a different issue?

@sanster75

What i did for now was to find a version of the app from summer 2018,installed that instead and disabled automatic updates.. 

I can see the thread Peter links to is marked "not right now" so doesn't seem like they're gonna work on it anytime soon.. 

I have the exact same phone and have the exact same issue. It's a real headache. I'm going to dig out my old phone, (Samsung galaxy s7) update spotify and see if it works with my car controls.

Im not sure which is causing the problem but it is a severe headache. 

I've tried every "fix", even went as far as un installing the app, clearing data etc and nothing has worked for more a drive session. (sometimes it doesn't work at all, sometimes it works until I turn my car off.) 

Another thread with what sounds like the same issues: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-app-car-bluetooth-buggy/td-p/4761089

Update:

I checked my galaxy / updated spotify and the phone itself and it works completely fine. Car controls, auto connect, everything.

My one plus 6T still does not. 

I have exactly the same issue with my new One Plus Pro 7. With my former Samsung Galaxy S7 everything worked perfectly. 

I had the same issue on my Kenwood KMM-BT305. Try to switch on Device Broadcast Status in Spotify settings in your phone and switch off Canvas, that worked for me.

IMG_20190808_084323.jpg

i had the same problem but i solved it by downloading an older version of spotify from around the same time as the head unit was released

Suggested posts