Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth playback stops for a second on track change

Bluetooth playback stops for a second on track change

Hi.

I recently ordered bluetooth headphones - JBL E50BT. I tried them with PC, other music players on my phone and of course with Spotify.

While all other players works perfectly, the spotify has a bug:

After changing a track or skipping to place in song (by dragging the pointer) the music plays for 0.5 second than stops for a moment (~0.5s) and then continues to play. So there is a small pause after staring playing from new location.

Some observations:

• I use only offline-cached songs, so this is not related to internet connection
  • Happens every time, so 100% observable.
  • It happens when: pressing Next Song ( >| button) , scrolling inside one song
  • Does not happen when: Next song starts automatically after previous, pressing play (after a pause)
  • Happens only in spotify application on android (not on PC) (haven't tested other platforms)
  • Not related to equalizer
  • Pretty annoying 😉

My phone is: OnePlus One

I suspect that application is somehow closing audio device handle when chaning track. While this operation is atomic with builtin audio driver, it takse some time with bluetooth headset.

4 Replies

Hi. I can't reproduce this on my S7 Edge/Level U pro. Just out of interest, does this also happen when you connect your phones using the supplied cable? You mentioned that this doesn't happen with other music apps - is that when playing music stored on the phone/SD card?

No, when I use cable everything is ok.

Unwanted effect occurs only with Spotify + Bluetooth. All other combinations works great.

Let's try a different tack - does the same thing happen when you stream music from spotify rather than playing downloaded music offline?

No, always the same effect. No matter what settings I set, whether I use online / offline playback at any quality - effect is the same.

I also checked following things:

- Another bluetooth device (Nokia 360* speaker) - the same effect

- Another phone (but the same as mine) - the same effect

So it looks like problem exists on any bluetooth device if I use OnePlus One with Spotify.

So the headset / speaker does not matter.

The pair causing problems is OnePlus One + Spotify

Suggested posts