Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth problem

Bluetooth problem

Bluetooth connection to my car stereo works very good until the screen turns off on my Note 2, after that the sound is stuttering every 3-4 seconds. When I turn the screen on again, the sound flows perfectly. This only happens on bluetooth connection. When I play music at home without bluetooth connection and the screen is off, there is no problems. I've used tasker to temporary fix this problem for me by making sure the screen doesn't time out while Spotify is playing when connected through bluetooth, but I'm not satisfied with that solution because it's drainig my battery level faster than keeping the screen off.

Does anybody have a solution for my problem?
10 Replies

Are you playing downloaded music or streaming from spotify? Does the same thing happen with the stock music player and MP3s? 

Thank you for quick response. I'm streaming. I don't have any .mp3s on my phone, but I can check that tomorrow..

I can also try offline-mode tomorrow.

Great that will help pin things down 🙂

But how can that make any difference when streaming works well with both screen and bluetooth turned off?

The dropouts can be down to spotify app, bluetooth radio, cellular radio or processor speed when the screen turns off. Trying various scenarios should narrow things down.

I tried with Google Music now and no problems..

Thank you, that seems to indicate a spotify problem in that case. If you get in touch with Spotify here, they'll help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Thank you. Will try to contact them.

The last mail from Spotify:

Thanks for sending that over.

I've talked with the technical team about this and I've been informed that we don't officially support Bluetooth with Spotify. As this is the case it might be worth connecting your phone to the stereo via a cable to see if this helps with the problem.

Sorry for any inconvenience but I hope you continue to enjoy Spotify.

Best Wishes,

Joe Dance | CS Advisor
Spotify Customer Service
Cambridge
United Kingdom

Suggested posts