Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth via mobile in car (steering wheel controls)

Bluetooth via mobile in car (steering wheel controls)

Hi

I am using Spotify Premium in my car connected via bluetooth to my Samsung S10.

All steering wheel controls are working ok ie volume, skip to next track, mute etc.

However the fast forward a track function doesn't work. It should be possible by holding down the skip track button. The car is an Audi if that makes any difference. 

Can anybody offer and advice or a solution please?

Thanks

6 Replies

I'm having this problem too, except it's all bluetooth devices. Wireless headphones and my car. Just switched from an iPhone where it's working fine, but on the android Spotify app I can't fast forward by any means other than opening up the app and doing it manually. Other apps like the google podcasts app don't have this issue. This is super frustrating, and any help would be appreciated. 

Hey @dabakker1,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Community!

Could you let us know if this issue persists across all devices on which Spotify is installed?
As this could be account-related, you could also try logging in with a different account to see if anything changes.

We recommend trying a clean reinstall as well 🙂

Let us know how it goes!

We'll be on the lookout for your response.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Sorry for the late reply. The issue only persists on my Galaxy, everything still works fine on my old iPhone XS. A clean reinstall of the app has not fixed the problem. Switching accounts also does not fix it.

Hey @dabakker1,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you go into your phone's settings and make sure that the Spotify app is granted all Permissions. If some are not activated, this might be stopping the app from communicating with other devices properly over Bluetooth.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Only permissions that were denied were camera and microphone, but ever after turning those on (it now has no permissions denied, aka app has all permissions granted), it has not resolved the issue.

Hi there @dabakker1,

Thanks for your response.

We'd like you to know that depending on the Android ROM, functionality may vary with different device combinations due to the non-standardized nature of the Android platform. 

The most common behavior is to be able to skip to next track or back when listening to music or skip 15 seconds forward or back when listening to podcasts. 

This is accomplished by the respective hardware controls for next and previous tracks on Bluetooth devices or the widget in the phone's notification shade. There's no built in fast forward or rewind function, but on many android phones, the widget has a full timeline scrollbar that can be used to adjust playback position.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts